In the next few weeks, your wiki will be migrated to a Fandom.com domain. Learn more here.
Beta Patch 4.0.3 (16 May 2017)
- 1 NEW: Zork Industries Mark II “Falling Closet” Droppod
- 2 Scoreboard
- 3 NEW: ‘Skill Help’ option
- 4 Launcher
- 5 Tweaked XP and Awesomepoints rewards
- 6 Tutorial
- 7 General
- 8 Menus
- 9 Soundtrack DLC
- 10 Replays
- 11 Chucho Krokk
- 12 Gnaw
- 13 Jimmy and the LUX5000
- 14 Ksenia
- 15 Professor Yoolip
- 16 Raelynn
- 17 Sentry
- 18 Ted McPain
- 19 Modding
NEW: Zork Industries Mark II “Falling Closet” Droppod[edit | edit source]
- This new droppod has been added to the Armory and is automatically unlocked for free for anyone that has played Awesomenauts before the free to play announcement (april 26th, 2017).
Scoreboard[edit | edit source]
- The scoreboard layout has been overhauled. The new layout is more similar to the pre 4 iteration of the scoreboard.
- Profile portraits are no longer displayed next to each entry, but on the medal tooltip.
- Medals in the scoreboard now display the profile tooltip when hovered over
- The end of game scoreboard now includes XP contribution.
NEW: ‘Skill Help’ option[edit | edit source]
- Added the “Skill Help” setting in General Settings, which enables helpful visual indicators during gameplay for the following skills: Raelynn’s Snipe, Coco’s Ball Lighting, Derpl’s Nuke, Swiggins’ Anchor Drop, Sentry’s Teleport Beacon, Nibbs’ Orb of Omnicron, Ix’s Psionic Bond and Skree’s Saw Blade. This is enabled by default.
Launcher[edit | edit source]
- The launcher has been visually overhauled (Windows and Mac only).
- The launcher is now only shown the first time you start the game, or if you didn’t get into gameplay (since this may indicate a screen issue that requires the launcher to fix).
Tweaked XP and Awesomepoints rewards[edit | edit source]
- XP and Awesomepoints rewards have been tweaked. Any previously received rewards have not been changed. The average Awesomepoints and XP gain per minute played has not changed for Online Match but has been significantly lowered for very short Co-op vs Bots matches.
- The minimum length for a match to yield rewards has been lowered from 3 to 1 minute.
- Awesomepoints and XP are now always gained per minute, with the first 4 minutes accumulating more points (even more if you win). This replaces the old large fixed amount + an amount that would accumulate over time beyond the 11 minute mark.
- This new way of accumulating points now makes winning very short matches of Co-op vs Bots way less effective as it used to be and winning short Online Matches slightly less effective. Co-op vs Bots should now always be on par or slightly behind Online Match in terms of XP and Awesomepoints gain.
- Depending on the duration of the match some matches might now yield more or less points than they used to. Generally, point accumulation has been smoothened out. Short matches (below 8 minutes) typically yield less to slightly less points. Average matches yield slightly more, and very long matches (30+ minutes) yield very slightly less.
- The first win of the day bonus now always yields the same amount of points, when achieved.
Tutorial[edit | edit source]
- Fixed an issue where in the training match a big stack of droids could be formed, if players stayed at the shop for too long.
- Fixed that sometimes in the training match the other lane would be pushed entirely while the player wasn’t there.
General[edit | edit source]
- Shielded damage is now hidden by default (there is a setting in General Settings to re-enable it). For example, 40 damage being reduced to 32 would previously show as “32#8” and will now show as “32#”, unless you re-enable the new option. (Where # is the little shield icon.)
- Mute/report menu now displays players’ chosen characters instead of their profile portrait.
- Fixed that music after the first droppod sequence at the start of a match started too early (the first beat should coincide with the opening of the door).
- Fixed a rare crash when a character died.
- Fixed a crash when closing the game.
- Fixed a rare crash that happened during the victory animation.
- Fixed a crash when launching the game while Steam is not running.
- Fixed a rare crash when uploading a replay fails.
- Fixed that a small number was sometimes shown over the player character, in the middle of the screen during gameplay.
- Fixed a rare issue where new players would not be able to start the tutorial (or any other mode) and would see an empty party in the main menu.
- Added some decorations to the test map (where you can try Nauts from the Armory).
Menus[edit | edit source]
- Fixed various glitches after playing the intro video, including the tutorial popup endlessly returning.
- Fixed an issue with the text flipping out when the checkbox to hide the incognito popup was selected.
- Medal slots and medals have different tooltips now in the profile unlock screen.
- Fixed an issue where going back in the medal/portrait selection screen would hide the two progression counters in the profile menu as well as the global chat.
- Returning from a specific naut in the armory to the armory browser will now open to the page where this last viewed Naut can be accessed.
- The overview toggle button in the armory will remember the last chosen setting after you close the game.
- Moved the portraits in the watch menu so they don’t drop off the right side of the screen.
- Skins with special voices will now play during the end of match screen, instead of the normal voice line.
- Changed the layout of the profile stats menu: Game mode selection has been moved to the bottom of the screen, while character name, and played/wins stats have been moved up.
- Fixed a situation in which global chat would disappear.
- Improved controller support in the menus.
Soundtrack DLC[edit | edit source]
- Added an extended version of the music that plays during the droppod sequence at the start of a match.
Replays[edit | edit source]
- Made some changes that hopefully fix the issue that replays of modded matches sometimes played on Ribbit instead of on the modded map (these changes should also fix this for already existing replays). Also added additional logging, so if you still have this issue then please send us your log files so we can analyse this issue further.
- Fixed that character animations would often not play during the first few seconds after a character had spawned (only fixed for newly recorded replays).
- Fixed that damage numbers in replays would often show 1 too low, so for example 31 instead of 32 (only fixed for newly recorded replays).
- Fixed that Match of the day in the watch menu didn’t show the correct players for that match anymore.
Chucho Krokk[edit | edit source]
- Improved visual clarity on Chucho’s sticky bomb timers by increasing the contrast a little.
Gnaw[edit | edit source]
- Made the sound for Spit healing Weedlings more subtle.
- Fixed that Gnaw would start with less parts when respawning after Bag of Seeds was bought.
- Added an ammo bar for the current amount of parts and weedlings.
Jimmy and the LUX5000[edit | edit source]
- Fixed that LUX Charge used sounds from Lonestar’s Bull.
- Added a clearer visual indication for Lux’s ‘Danger pins’ upgrade.
Ksenia[edit | edit source]
- Added Vanish skill voice-lines to Ksenia and Cosmic Captain Ksenia.
- Added an ammo bar for the current amount of scissors.
Professor Yoolip[edit | edit source]
- Fixed that the counter for Quark Microscope was missing from the HUD.
Raelynn[edit | edit source]
- Improved Timerift collision handling, reducing the chance that it slides off a glass platform.
Sentry[edit | edit source]
- Added a small arrow pointing to an active Beacon.
Ted McPain[edit | edit source]
- Added an ammo bar for the current amount of shotgun shells.
Modding[edit | edit source]
- Fixed that AI editor could not expand ExecuteBehaviourTree blocks with modded AIs in them.
- Teleporters can now be limited to only work creeps/humans/bots or to specific classes. Teleporters now also allow more control when limiting them by team.
- AffectAreas can now be limited to only work on creeps/humans/bots and to specific classes.
- Added option dontOffsetWithParallax to Particles objects.