|Coco Nebulon ||Difficulty: Easy |
Development Name: Blazer
|Type of abilities: Damage Over Time, Long-ranged, Slow, Lifesteal, Area of Effect, Knockback||Release Date: July 23rd, 2012|
Hailing from a psyonic race near the outer brim of the galaxy, comes Coco Nebulon, the cosmic waveblazer. Coco rides her combat waveboard into battle, using her psyonic powers to subdue her adversaries. Why Coco fights in the war is a bit unclear, as no-one can really understand her when she talks.
Excerpt from her spacelog: "It's just like, dude, I was cruisin' the galaxy, you know, in this totally tubular, space-van, searching for the best cosmic waves man. And, you know, like, when I was, like, you know, like acing these waves once, there was like this giant robot corporation that wanted to make like these waves like into a giant galactic like battlefield you know? And I was all like, oh man, that's so un-gnarly dude. But those robots were all like 10100111001 or whatever. So I was all like, yeah but ok, you know? And then these robots were all like, ohh we have to fight each other. And they were like shooting lasers at eachother man. And I was like, man, I gotta fight, you know, like totally with these robots against the other robots because it's like, you know, whatever."
Killing spree theme lyrics
Surfing, surfing in space. (x12)
Voice actress: Claire King
Play"You are totally going down!"
Play"I'm taking all you posers out!"
Play"Get ready for some gnarly moves!"
Play"Shut up, no way!"
Play"Yeah right, as if!"
Play"You can't be, like, serious!"
Play"So, okay, I-I totally need a hand!"
Play"Help me out, dude!"
Play"OH MY GOD!"
Play"Umm, some help or... something?"
Play"Catch you guys later!"
Play"Bailing out for a sec!"
Play"Hang tight, be right back!"
Play"Like, all these really shiny things!"
Play"Woh! So much stuff!"
Play"Get ready for some gnarly moves!"
Play"Time for some bodacious action!"
Drop Pod In
Play"I'm stoked. Totally..."
Play"Time for some bodacious action!"
Play"Eat it, lame-o!"
Play"That was AWESOME!"
Play"Ow! What the?"
Play"Eeh! I'm, like, dying, man!"
Play"This is totally not what I... uh"
Play"Ah, I'm going down..."
Cyber Coco Quotes
Play"FYI, I don't care!"
Play"Fat chance, lame-o's!"
Play"My cyber aura is totally fading!"
Play"Ugh. Requesting support or something."
Play"Oh man, I'm bugging out!"
Play"I'm like, going... under!"
Play"Dudes! Like, fall back!"
Play"Bogus vibes! Defend."
Play"Whoops! Batteries are, like, totally running out!"
Play"Oh, like, so many gadgets!"
Play"Oooh discount! Yahoo!"
Play"Online shopping spreeeeeee!"
Play"Power level raised to, like, way high!"
Play"Surfing through cyberspace." - Possible reference to Coco's own killing spree theme.
Play"Showtime! Synergy!" - A refence to Jem.
Drop Pod In
Play"Truly outrageous! Yeah!" - Possible reference to Jem.
Play"Totally terminated! Hahaha." - Possible reference to Terminator.
Play"Wooohooohahaha, shocking spree!"
Play"Like, totally shocking!"
Play"I shouldn't even be here!" *Chokes*
Wicked Coco Quotes
Play"Eat lizard, gizzard!" *laughs*
Play"Talk to the witch hand!" *laughs*
Play"You messed with the wrong witch, bozo!"
Play"Whoa, you turned into a newt already?!"
Play"My evil eye's, like, totally on you!"
Play"Wowsers! Witch in trouble!"
Play"Right, err... magic's failing!"
Play"Put'em on the stake"
Play"Ok! Spell their doom!"
Play"Let's put a spell on them!" *laughs*
Play"Go, like, defend!"
Play"They're putting us to the torch!"
Play"Argh, they're putting us to the torch!"
Play"Bail me outta here!"
Play"Is there like a switch on this?"
Play"Back to the mansion, dudes!"
Play"Yikes! A black cat! Oh wait, uh... it's mine!"
Play"Ooh, so many rad stuff!"
Play"They've got the airblaster 4000 with prop-up seats!"
Play"Awww, moths in my wallet."
Play"Gotta shop, you know?"
Play"I totes need a new familiar!"
Play"Put'em on the stake"
Drop Pod In
Play"It's witchy witching hour!"
Play"Is this hat too big on me?"
Play"To me, my broom! Yeah!"
Play"Crystal ball, will I meet a hot 'naut today?"
Play"Straight from spook central, lame-os!"
Play"Full moon, broom's out, surf's up!"
Play"My cauldron is bubbling all groovy and nice!"
Play"For all your cantrip needs. 'nuff said!"
Play"Put a spell on you!"
Play"Like, I love it!"
Play"Lemme wipe that for ya!"
Play"Into my cauldron!"
Play"This witch is on fire!"
Play"Oooh, I'm getting wicked scores!"
Play"Turn around, step on another frog!"
Play"It's all in the wrist! Oh yeah!"
Play"Witch wasted! Ughhhh..."
Play"No weirding way..."
Using Ball Lightning
Play"Here it comes!"
Play"Spectral bomb ho!"
Play"Stardust in your eyes!"
Play"Fairy dust!" *laughs*
Nauts In-Game Look
"Aloha! The fresh, floral air energizes you. The warm, tranquil waters refresh you. The breathtaking, natural beauty renews you. As the sun sets, you look around, you're on an exotic island, wearing a straw skirt and flowers in your hair. This can be your life if you upgrade now to Hawaii Coco! - Official Steam Store description." - Official Steam Store description.
In this skin, Coco is dressed like a Polynesian hula dancer, with a grass skirt, flowers on her hair tentacles and a flower garland around her neck. Her hoverboard is replaced by a common wooden surfboard that leaves a water trail when she moves around. The flowers on her hair also leave a trail when she moves around.
The pattern inside Ball Lightning is changed.
"Coco has accidentally been sent back to the year 2015 by mad scientist monkey Yuri! 2015... when hoverboards had a weirdly nineteen-eighties-like design! Coco McFly must now find a way to go home in the future! Will she ever get back?" - Official Steam Store description.
In this skin Coco is dressed up like Marty McFly from Back to the Future, complete with jeans, shirt, jacket and tennis shoes. Her goggles are replaced by sunglasses and she has a wristwatch.
This skin covers Coco in futuristic armor with power gloves and a visor. Her board also looks advanced. Unlike the rest of her skins, Coco has a ponytail on this one.
Ball Lightning has a different look on this skin. New hexagon particle effects are also added to Blaze.
Witches were hunted down throughout the middle ages, but one of them managed to escape to a place where the inquisition was unable to follow her: a planet near the outer brim of the universe, called Okeanos. On this world she was finally free to practice her magic. Over time, the Witch traded her trusty broom for a more modern combat waveboard and updated her wardrobe.
Old habits die hard (just like witches, by the way), so on one special day every year the Witch still dons the outfit that she wore so many years ago and visits Earth on her broom. Together with the Earthlings she celebrates their victory over Witchcraft, creepyness, and ghouls... or something. Like, whatever. If only they knew...
This DLC contains a custom skin for Coco in Awesomenauts, and comes with a fully customized voice set! If you have not unlocked the character yet, purchasing this content will do so. - Official Steam Store description.
This skin gives Coco a witch costume, including a pointy hat with a skull strapped to it, a jacket, a leotard, a belt with a skull buckle, striped socks and pointy shoes. Her hair tentacles are colored green instead of the usual purple and her hoverboard is replaced by a broom and she leaves a faint trail of bats behind whenever she moves. Her skin is colored differently on blue team.
Blaze leaves a more intense bat trail and ball lightning looks like a spinning jack-o'-lantern (which also explodes in a jack-o'-lantern shaped blast). Both skills have unique sound effects.
Being premium, this skin comes with custom voice acting.
Wicked Coco Showcase
- Coco and Derpl were the first new characters added to the game in an update. They were released simultaneously.
- Coco was the first female character added into the game.
- Shock can be aimed, making Coco the only 'Naut to have an aimable melee autoatack.
- Coco's style of speech is a parody of the dialect used by people during the 1980s.
- Coco's voice actress, Claire King, also voiced Derpl Zork's combat walker, S.U.S.I.
- With five unique skins including the default one, Coco is tied with Leon and Lonestar for the most skins in the game.
- On top of that, Leon and Coco have very similar skin layouts. They both have two premium skins, two regular skins, one kickstarter-exclusive skin, and one skin that won a contest.
- Coco was one of the two 'nauts to receive a kickstarter-exclusive skin (the other being Leon).
- The Coco McFly skin was chosen by the community via a FaceBook voting. It received the most votes, beating the other options (Snowco and Wicked Coco). They can be seen below.
- Wicked Coco was eventually added to the game in a later patch due to community feedback.
Extension:DynamicPageList (DPL), version 3.3.2: Warning: Skipping bad option 'Coco Nebulon' for parameter 'category'.
- 2013-11-05 17:37:56 Leon Chameleon/Builds/Zombie Leon
- 2013-09-24 16:02:30 Yuri
- 2013-09-16 19:59:10 Coco Tactics
- 2013-09-13 04:00:23 Froggy G/Builds/Rappin' and slappin'
- 2013-07-28 20:03:50 Sheriff Lonestar/Builds/Wrangler
- 2013-07-23 16:18:30 Vinnie & Spike/Builds/pocket full of solar
- 2013-07-03 16:39:32 Vinnie & Spike/Builds/Spike Dive Assassin
- 2013-07-01 13:26:26 Skølldir/Builds/Superpowered Punches
- 2013-06-30 20:10:47 Gnaw/Builds/(updated) Super Killing Gnaw
- 2013-06-30 01:32:31 Sheriff Lonestar/Builds/Hard to kill lonestar
- 2013-06-30 01:30:22 Sheriff Lonestar/Builds/Name of Guide
- 2013-06-22 18:10:33 Raelynn/Builds/Tricks and Tips~
- 2013-06-21 08:51:47 Ayla/Builds/Hit'n'run
- 2013-06-19 18:54:38 Ayla/Builds/Rage Bomb Ayla
- 2013-06-16 23:51:53 Yuri/Builds/All Mine
- 2013-06-11 02:52:29 Sheriff Lonestar/Builds/Destroyer
- 2013-06-10 16:35:27 Skølldir/Builds/Tankdir - Health through Punching!
- 2013-06-10 12:05:29 Leon Chameleon/Builds/Beginners guide to Leon
- 2013-06-10 06:24:47 Voltar the Omniscient/Builds/Pocket Voltar - A Medic's Guide to the Universe
- 2013-06-10 06:24:07 Voltar the Omniscient/Builds/Offensive Build
- 2013-06-10 06:23:28 Voltar the Omniscient/Builds/Exponential Growth Voltar
- 2013-06-10 06:22:50 Vinnie & Spike/Builds/Pepinos
- 2013-06-10 06:22:32 Vinnie & Spike/Builds/Dive, Dash, Death
- 2013-06-10 06:22:22 Vinnie & Spike/Builds/Stealth and kill.
- 2013-06-10 06:21:30 Skølldir/Builds/Gnome Loses Home in Tragic Earthquake
- 2013-06-10 06:20:17 Sheriff Lonestar/Builds/Beginner Build
- 2013-06-10 06:19:14 Raelynn/Builds/Time Rift Focused
- 2013-06-10 06:18:19 Raelynn/Builds/Blaster-Pusher
- 2013-06-10 06:17:38 Raelynn/Builds/LHC Raelynn, Burst and Domination.
- 2013-06-10 06:17:02 Raelynn/Builds/Mileanhour's guide
- 2013-06-10 06:16:22 Raelynn/Builds/Chargin' Raelynn - Don't Run, You'll Die Tired!
- 2013-06-10 06:15:51 Raelynn/Builds/Raelynn Sniper Extraordinaire
- 2013-06-10 06:15:38 Raelynn/Builds/This is my Rifle
- 2013-06-10 06:13:41 Leon Chameleon/Builds/Relentless Chrono Assault
- 2013-06-10 06:13:27 Leon Chameleon/Builds/Sword Time Warp
- 2013-06-10 06:13:08 Leon Chameleon/Builds/Never Ending Attack
- 2013-06-10 06:12:45 Leon Chameleon/Builds/No Escape
- 2013-06-10 06:12:26 Leon Chameleon/Builds/Feel The Sharpness of This Blade!
- 2013-06-10 06:10:44 Gnaw/Builds/Aggressive Gnaw
- 2013-06-10 06:10:34 Gnaw/Builds/Upclose and personal gnaw
- 2013-06-10 06:10:22 Gnaw/Builds/Destroy Melee Gnaw
- 2013-06-10 06:10:13 Gnaw/Builds/Super Killing Gnaw
- 2013-06-10 06:09:31 Genji the Pollen Prophet/Builds/Genji the Pollen Prophet/Builds/Storm Support
- 2013-06-10 06:07:55 Froggy G/Builds/Shotgun Splasher
- 2013-06-10 06:07:23 Froggy G/Builds/Invincible
- 2013-06-10 06:06:38 Derpl Zork/Builds/Sniper-Cat
- 2013-06-10 06:06:07 Derpl Zork/Builds/Siege Crazy
- 2013-06-10 06:05:26 Derpl Zork/Builds/Fast killing with Turret
- 2013-06-10 05:54:00 Clunk/Builds/Explode 'N' Snare
- 2013-06-10 05:50:49 Coco Nebulon/Builds/Aggressive Coco
- 2013-06-09 01:04:36 Vinnie & Spike/Builds/Name of Guide
- 2013-06-09 01:03:23 Vinnie & Spike/Builds/The Vinnie & Spike guide to robbin' banks properly, see?
- 2013-06-07 16:13:17 Vinnie & Spike/Builds/Lost In the Mist/Ambush
- 2013-06-03 20:18:06 Yuri/Builds
- 2013-05-25 07:06:57 Clunk/Builds/Tank
- 2013-05-16 15:13:24 Sheriff Lonestar/Builds/Puddingskin's Lonestar Build; Dynamite Based
- 2013-05-13 16:45:13 Coco Nebulon/Builds/Puddingskin's Coco Build; TUBE-YOU-LAR!
- 2013-05-10 19:08:41 Clunk/Builds/Flexible Clunk
- 2013-05-10 14:47:37 Raelynn/Builds/Puddingskins Ultimate Raelynn Build
- 2013-05-02 19:23:06 Vinnie & Spike/Builds/Nyah! 2.1
- 2013-05-02 19:10:41 Vinnie & Spike/Builds/Delicious Solar
- 2013-04-30 06:15:22 Leon Chameleon/Builds/Leon Chameleon/Builds/Puppet Master
- 2013-04-12 22:33:56 Vinnie & Spike/Builds/Double Dash Takedown
- 2013-04-03 18:53:45 Leon Chameleon/Builds/Neverending killing spree
- 2013-03-21 14:56:25 Clunk/Builds/Explode Spam Clunk
- 2013-03-18 02:15:12 Genji the Pollen Prophet/Builds/Genji the Pollen Prophet/You'll Never Escape
- 2013-03-15 16:23:19 Genji the Pollen Prophet/Builds/You'll Never Escape
- 2013-03-15 16:22:16 Genji the Pollen Prophet/Builds/Name of Guide
- 2013-03-05 20:53:24 Genji the Pollen Prophet/Builds/Genji the Pollen Executioner
- 2013-03-05 00:09:57 Genji the Pollen Prophet/Builds/Come At Me Bro!/ No Escape
- 2013-02-12 21:15:03 Clunk/Builds/The Sapper
- 2013-02-02 21:12:17 Raelynn/Builds/Noobnauts- Raelynn
- 2013-01-13 19:05:24 Raelynn/Builds/360 SlowScope
- 2013-01-10 10:37:56 Skølldir/Builds/They Can't Run If You Stun
- 2013-01-08 21:48:41 Coco Nebulon/Builds/Coco's Turret Downer Build
- 2012-12-26 17:22:58 Skølldir/Builds/MvPlayer w/ Mutton
- 2012-12-24 23:46:46 Skølldir/Builds/Name of Gvinnie spikeuide
- 2012-12-22 14:04:26 Skølldir/Builds/It's an all-you-can-FIST buffet!
- 2012-12-01 19:55:27 Raelynn/Builds/Raelynn Time Rift CC Build
- 2012-11-28 05:21:01 Raelynn/Builds/Turret Pushing Build
- 2012-11-28 04:34:40 Raelynn/Builds/Monkey's Paw Aggression
- 2012-11-27 20:54:14 Raelynn/Builds/One shot, One Kill
- 2012-11-27 19:51:04 Raelynn/Builds/Damage whopper
- 2012-11-27 00:06:23 Raelynn/Builds/Harasser Raelynn
- 2012-11-26 01:12:29 Raelynn/Builds/Brawler Raelynn
- 2012-11-25 23:16:14 Raelynn/Builds/Siege Mode
- 2012-11-25 17:26:31 Raelynn/Builds/Who wants a cuddle?
- 2012-11-25 13:39:58 Raelynn/Builds/Time Rift + Blaster Build
- 2012-11-25 04:20:24 Raelynn/Builds/Offensive Support
- 2012-11-21 21:20:36 Voltar the Omniscient/Builds/Supportive Build
- 2012-11-21 07:47:04 Raelynn/Builds/Speed Farming
- 2012-11-21 03:49:43 Voltar the Omniscient/Builds/Moneybags build
- 2012-11-20 21:38:19 Coco Nebulon/Builds/Vampiric Coco
- 2012-10-26 23:25:40 Gnaw/Builds/General Gnaw
- 2012-10-26 23:07:33 Yuri/Builds/Team-Based Support
- 2012-10-26 23:06:30 Yuri/Builds/Laser Focused
- 2012-10-26 23:05:51 Yuri/Builds/Minespam Yuri
- 2012-10-26 22:27:14 Sheriff Lonestar/Builds/Endgame Build
- 2012-10-26 22:23:04 Leon Chameleon/Builds/Assassin Sword Spank
- 2012-10-26 22:20:36 Froggy G/Builds/Angler
- 2012-10-26 22:19:35 Froggy G/Builds/Chaser
- Coco Tactics by Kelfecil
Tips & Tactics
- Coco can be played as a harasser, focusing on poking enemies with Ball Lightning while using Blaze to keep enemies at bay, or as a fighter, via powerful autoattack upgrades.
- When autoattacking Droids and turrets, keep in mind that Coco does not stop immediatly after moving. You may end up taking unecessary damage if you are not careful.
- As with many 'naut, boots will increase Coco's jump height slightly, allowing her to have an easier time reaching certain platforms.
- With Ball Lightning's natural range and ability to pierce through terrain, you may use it to farm neutral creeps wihout actually going into the jungle areas. This is specially useful on Ribbit IV and Aiguillon.
- If you manage to launch a Ball Lightning behind your enemy, the explosion will launch him towards you. Use this tactic to throw your enemy at turrets or on your team. Thunder Striker helps with this.
- Try to surprise your opponents by Ball Lightning at unexpected angles or try to predict their movement and aim it accordingly. It'll probably help you compensate for the projectile's slow speed.
- Slowing enemies with Blaze makes it easier to land Ball Lightning on them.
- Silver Coating gives Coco very high mobility, allowing her to escape or chase targets much more effectively.
- Upon activating Blaze, going through a high-traffic jumppad may cause enemies who are using it to be effected by the blaze. It can also work as short-term area denial.
- Blaze can be used to create a "barrier" to discourage enemy pursuers that may want to engage you or your allies.
- If Coco is focusing on her autoattack, Crowd Control may help her deal with enemies more easily.
- Position yourself in a way that, if Coco manages to knock an enemy into your team, you'll be able to quickly follow it up for a kill.
- With high movement speed and an innate slowing effect, Coco may be hard to approach. Try to sneak up on her using hide areas or from above/below and use crowd control to keep her in place.
- Ball Lightning can pierce through terrain and deal high damage, but it moves slowly. Timing your jumps can help you avoid it.
- Dying is always worse than retreating. Keep an eye on your health bar and see if you can survive another Ball Lightning. If the answer is no, it is better to retreat and heal.
- If Coco uses her Silver Coating to quickly join a fight, she just lost a powerful escape tool. Punish her for it.
- Coco cannot detonate Ball Lightning while silenced or cocooned.