Voltar the Omniscient
|Attack Type:||Short Range|
|Voltar the Omniscient ||Difficulty: Hard |
Development Name: Summoner
|Type of abilities: Healing, Knockback, Area of Effect||Release Date: May 1st, 2012|
Voltar's past is shrouded in mystery. Rumor has it he once was a researcher at a star-encapsulating power station. The station made intergalactic headlines when it exploded around 500 years ago, sending off all kinds of strange, unseen radiation into space. In this explosion, the Al core of the Zero's was destroyed, bringing an abrupt end to the First Al War. Although peace was maintained for some centuries, the war eventually returned. Some think that war was just too profitable, and suspect that weapon manufacturers had a hand in the construction of a new Al core for the Zero's.
The explosion at the power station destroyed almost every part of Voltar's body, leaving only his brilliant brain intact. This brain was carefully placed inside a Braintank by salvagers. Through the years, and with help of his loyal robot drones, he made some nifty modifications to his braintank that enabled him to participate in the newly erupted Robot Wars.
No-one knows Voltar's true motives for participating in the war as a mercenary, but what can be assured is that he’s a mastermind with unmatched psychotechnic powers and an arsenal of armed robots that do his every bidding.
Voice actor: Olivier Thijssen
▶️"Hah! I build droids smarter than you!"
▶️"Death to squishy things!"
▶️"You are no match... for my intellect."
▶️"Tactical advantage ist mein!"
▶️"I kill you... with my brain!"
▶️"I require more brawn!"
▶️"I require reinforcements!"
▶️"Ein hand please!"
▶️"Ein hand please! Eheheh!"
▶️"Don't do anything stupid without me!"
▶️"I require more technology!"
▶️"My brain wanders..."
▶️"Insert slot A into slot B, ah sehr interessant!"
▶️"I am the brain of the operation."
▶️"Techno-synaptic wave modulator at optimum frequence."
▶️"Resistance ist futile!"
Drop Pod In
▶️"I am the brain of the operation."
▶️"Techno-synaptic wave modulator at optimum frequence."
▶️"Gentlemen! Let us commence assault."
▶️"Your existence was irrelative!"
▶️"Look! No hands!"
▶️"Mind over matter!"
▶️"All according to plan."
▶️"My brain outnumbers you all!"
▶️"My mind is mightier than your blaster, HAHA!"
▶️" Aaaaargh! Das ende..."
Nauts In-Game Look
Burn baby burn! Love is in the air as Disco Voltar is here with a funky groove. He won't stop 'till he gets enough, and this daddy cool will make sure everyone is stayin' alive. Lose that brainjar and party like it's 2399 with Disco Voltar! Boogie on! Includes funky healbot music! - Official Steam Store Description.
This skin gives Voltar a disco suit with a music note necklace and replaces his braintank with a disco ball.
His drones are also replaced with (smaller) disco balls and shoot rainbow-colored lasers while both techno synaptic wave and healbot's aura get green musical note effects. Although the healbot itself is unchanged, it plays a disco tune while it is active.
Make Voltar channel the powers of the ancient Aztecs with this awesome Necro Voltar skin! If you own the Steam version of Swords & Soldiers, Ronimo's Award-winning debut side-scrolling strategy game, you will recieve the Necro Voltar skin in Awesomenauts for FREE!
This skin adds golden details such as a skull emblem and shoulderpads to Voltar's robe and replaces his braintank with a golden three-eyed aztec mask. His drones' eyes are replaced with golden skulls and there are green glyph effects on both techno synaptic wave and healbot. Healbot also has a different look, being shaped like a Swords and Soldiers' Aztec statue.
"La mort de Napoléon a toujours été entourée de mystère. Certains disent qu'il fut empoisonné, d'autres pensent que son corps n'a pas tenu le coup et quelques-uns soupçonnent même qu'il se soit échappé de sa prison de Sainte-Hélène. Quelle que soit l'explication réelle, un fait reste avéré : il a disparu de l'Histoire en 1821 et plus personne n'entendit parler de lui.
En 3521, nous avons enfin découvert la vérité sur ces faits. Une vérité que personne n'aurait pu imaginer.
Il avait la technologie.
Il s'est reconstruit."
This DLC contains a custom skin for Voltar in Awesomenauts, and will automatically unlock the character if you have not already done so. - Official Steam Store description.
This skin gives Voltar the millitary outfit and iconic bicorne hat (with a white plume) used by Napoleon Bonaparte. He also has a saber in a sheath and a medal in his chest. His drones wear french infantry hats and have moustaches, techno synaptic wave is a fleur-de-lis and leaves a trail of additional fleurs-de-lis and croissants, the satellite dish animation used in healbot's summon is replaced by a fork and croissant, while healbot itself has wooden wheels and Napoleon's bicorne hat and its "timer" aura is replaced by a trio of fleurs-de-lis. When summoned, healbot plays a few seconds of "La Marseillaise", France's national anthem.
- Voltar is one of the "original six" Awesomenauts that came with the game when it first launched, along with Clunk, Froggy G, Leon, Lonestar, and Yuri.
- According to his backstory, Voltar is over 500 years old.
- Given the "saturday morning 80s cartoon" theme Awesomenauts has, it is likely that Voltar is based on Krang from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise, who is also a disembodied brain.
- Voltar was directly responsible for Ted McPain's resurrection.
- Voltar was the first (and only, to date) Awesomenaut to be extensively reworked, gameplay-wise.
- In the shortened backstory previously used in-game, the "star-encapsulating station" mentioned in Voltar's backstory is named AI Station 101.
- As part of his rework in Patch 2.10, Voltar's Healing Wave was renamed Techno Synaptic Wave. This makes Voltar the only character to have a skill completely renamed.
Extension:DynamicPageList (DPL), version 3.3.3: Warning: Skipping bad option 'Voltar the Omniscient' for parameter 'category'.
- 2013-11-05 17:37:56 Leon Chameleon/Builds/Zombie Leon
- 2013-09-24 16:02:30 Yuri
- 2013-09-16 19:59:10 Coco Tactics
- 2013-09-13 04:00:23 Froggy G/Builds/Rappin' and slappin'
- 2013-07-28 20:03:50 Sheriff Lonestar/Builds/Wrangler
- 2013-07-23 16:18:30 Vinnie & Spike/Builds/pocket full of solar
- 2013-07-03 16:39:32 Vinnie & Spike/Builds/Spike Dive Assassin
- 2013-07-01 13:26:26 Skølldir/Builds/Superpowered Punches
- 2013-06-30 20:10:47 Gnaw/Builds/(updated) Super Killing Gnaw
- 2013-06-30 01:32:31 Sheriff Lonestar/Builds/Hard to kill lonestar
- 2013-06-30 01:30:22 Sheriff Lonestar/Builds/Name of Guide
- 2013-06-22 18:10:33 Raelynn/Builds/Tricks and Tips~
- 2013-06-21 08:51:47 Ayla/Builds/Hit'n'run
- 2013-06-19 18:54:38 Ayla/Builds/Rage Bomb Ayla
- 2013-06-16 23:51:53 Yuri/Builds/All Mine
- 2013-06-11 02:52:29 Sheriff Lonestar/Builds/Destroyer
- 2013-06-10 16:35:27 Skølldir/Builds/Tankdir - Health through Punching!
- 2013-06-10 12:05:29 Leon Chameleon/Builds/Beginners guide to Leon
- 2013-06-10 06:24:47 Voltar the Omniscient/Builds/Pocket Voltar - A Medic's Guide to the Universe
- 2013-06-10 06:24:07 Voltar the Omniscient/Builds/Offensive Build
- 2013-06-10 06:23:28 Voltar the Omniscient/Builds/Exponential Growth Voltar
- 2013-06-10 06:22:50 Vinnie & Spike/Builds/Pepinos
- 2013-06-10 06:22:32 Vinnie & Spike/Builds/Dive, Dash, Death
- 2013-06-10 06:22:22 Vinnie & Spike/Builds/Stealth and kill.
- 2013-06-10 06:21:30 Skølldir/Builds/Gnome Loses Home in Tragic Earthquake
- 2013-06-10 06:20:17 Sheriff Lonestar/Builds/Beginner Build
- 2013-06-10 06:19:14 Raelynn/Builds/Time Rift Focused
- 2013-06-10 06:18:19 Raelynn/Builds/Blaster-Pusher
- 2013-06-10 06:17:38 Raelynn/Builds/LHC Raelynn, Burst and Domination.
- 2013-06-10 06:17:02 Raelynn/Builds/Mileanhour's guide
- 2013-06-10 06:16:22 Raelynn/Builds/Chargin' Raelynn - Don't Run, You'll Die Tired!
- 2013-06-10 06:15:51 Raelynn/Builds/Raelynn Sniper Extraordinaire
- 2013-06-10 06:15:38 Raelynn/Builds/This is my Rifle
- 2013-06-10 06:13:41 Leon Chameleon/Builds/Relentless Chrono Assault
- 2013-06-10 06:13:27 Leon Chameleon/Builds/Sword Time Warp
- 2013-06-10 06:13:08 Leon Chameleon/Builds/Never Ending Attack
- 2013-06-10 06:12:45 Leon Chameleon/Builds/No Escape
- 2013-06-10 06:12:26 Leon Chameleon/Builds/Feel The Sharpness of This Blade!
- 2013-06-10 06:10:44 Gnaw/Builds/Aggressive Gnaw
- 2013-06-10 06:10:34 Gnaw/Builds/Upclose and personal gnaw
- 2013-06-10 06:10:22 Gnaw/Builds/Destroy Melee Gnaw
- 2013-06-10 06:10:13 Gnaw/Builds/Super Killing Gnaw
- 2013-06-10 06:09:31 Genji the Pollen Prophet/Builds/Genji the Pollen Prophet/Builds/Storm Support
- 2013-06-10 06:07:55 Froggy G/Builds/Shotgun Splasher
- 2013-06-10 06:07:23 Froggy G/Builds/Invincible
- 2013-06-10 06:06:38 Derpl Zork/Builds/Sniper-Cat
- 2013-06-10 06:06:07 Derpl Zork/Builds/Siege Crazy
- 2013-06-10 06:05:26 Derpl Zork/Builds/Fast killing with Turret
- 2013-06-10 05:54:00 Clunk/Builds/Explode 'N' Snare
- 2013-06-10 05:50:49 Coco Nebulon/Builds/Aggressive Coco
- 2013-06-09 01:04:36 Vinnie & Spike/Builds/Name of Guide
- 2013-06-09 01:03:23 Vinnie & Spike/Builds/The Vinnie & Spike guide to robbin' banks properly, see?
- 2013-06-07 16:13:17 Vinnie & Spike/Builds/Lost In the Mist/Ambush
- 2013-06-03 20:18:06 Yuri/Builds
- 2013-05-25 07:06:57 Clunk/Builds/Tank
- 2013-05-16 15:13:24 Sheriff Lonestar/Builds/Puddingskin's Lonestar Build; Dynamite Based
- 2013-05-13 16:45:13 Coco Nebulon/Builds/Puddingskin's Coco Build; TUBE-YOU-LAR!
- 2013-05-10 19:08:41 Clunk/Builds/Flexible Clunk
- 2013-05-10 14:47:37 Raelynn/Builds/Puddingskins Ultimate Raelynn Build
- 2013-05-02 19:23:06 Vinnie & Spike/Builds/Nyah! 2.1
- 2013-05-02 19:10:41 Vinnie & Spike/Builds/Delicious Solar
- 2013-04-30 06:15:22 Leon Chameleon/Builds/Leon Chameleon/Builds/Puppet Master
- 2013-04-12 22:33:56 Vinnie & Spike/Builds/Double Dash Takedown
- 2013-04-03 18:53:45 Leon Chameleon/Builds/Neverending killing spree
- 2013-03-21 14:56:25 Clunk/Builds/Explode Spam Clunk
- 2013-03-18 02:15:12 Genji the Pollen Prophet/Builds/Genji the Pollen Prophet/You'll Never Escape
- 2013-03-15 16:23:19 Genji the Pollen Prophet/Builds/You'll Never Escape
- 2013-03-15 16:22:16 Genji the Pollen Prophet/Builds/Name of Guide
- 2013-03-05 20:53:24 Genji the Pollen Prophet/Builds/Genji the Pollen Executioner
- 2013-03-05 00:09:57 Genji the Pollen Prophet/Builds/Come At Me Bro!/ No Escape
- 2013-02-12 21:15:03 Clunk/Builds/The Sapper
- 2013-02-02 21:12:17 Raelynn/Builds/Noobnauts- Raelynn
- 2013-01-13 19:05:24 Raelynn/Builds/360 SlowScope
- 2013-01-10 10:37:56 Skølldir/Builds/They Can't Run If You Stun
- 2013-01-08 21:48:41 Coco Nebulon/Builds/Coco's Turret Downer Build
- 2012-12-26 17:22:58 Skølldir/Builds/MvPlayer w/ Mutton
- 2012-12-24 23:46:46 Skølldir/Builds/Name of Gvinnie spikeuide
- 2012-12-22 14:04:26 Skølldir/Builds/It's an all-you-can-FIST buffet!
- 2012-12-01 19:55:27 Raelynn/Builds/Raelynn Time Rift CC Build
- 2012-11-28 05:21:01 Raelynn/Builds/Turret Pushing Build
- 2012-11-28 04:34:40 Raelynn/Builds/Monkey's Paw Aggression
- 2012-11-27 20:54:14 Raelynn/Builds/One shot, One Kill
- 2012-11-27 19:51:04 Raelynn/Builds/Damage whopper
- 2012-11-27 00:06:23 Raelynn/Builds/Harasser Raelynn
- 2012-11-26 01:12:29 Raelynn/Builds/Brawler Raelynn
- 2012-11-25 23:16:14 Raelynn/Builds/Siege Mode
- 2012-11-25 17:26:31 Raelynn/Builds/Who wants a cuddle?
- 2012-11-25 13:39:58 Raelynn/Builds/Time Rift + Blaster Build
- 2012-11-25 04:20:24 Raelynn/Builds/Offensive Support
- 2012-11-21 21:20:36 Voltar the Omniscient/Builds/Supportive Build
- 2012-11-21 07:47:04 Raelynn/Builds/Speed Farming
- 2012-11-21 03:49:43 Voltar the Omniscient/Builds/Moneybags build
- 2012-11-20 21:38:19 Coco Nebulon/Builds/Vampiric Coco
- 2012-10-26 23:25:40 Gnaw/Builds/General Gnaw
- 2012-10-26 23:07:33 Yuri/Builds/Team-Based Support
- 2012-10-26 23:06:30 Yuri/Builds/Laser Focused
- 2012-10-26 23:05:51 Yuri/Builds/Minespam Yuri
- 2012-10-26 22:27:14 Sheriff Lonestar/Builds/Endgame Build
- 2012-10-26 22:23:04 Leon Chameleon/Builds/Assassin Sword Spank
- 2012-10-26 22:20:36 Froggy G/Builds/Angler
- 2012-10-26 22:19:35 Froggy G/Builds/Chaser
Tips & Tactics
- Voltar has a weak early game and a very powerful late game. Play defensively and focus on farming at the start.
- You may activate Voltar's Hover as many times as you'd like as long as you are still up in the air. Alternate between hovering and falling to confuse enemies trying to hit you.
- Consider purchasing Space Air Max to compensate for Voltar's poor mobility.
- Alternatively, Dark Matter Shots can aid you in keeping enemies away from you.
- Try to stay around your teammates, as Voltar is very team dependant.
- Techno Synaptic Wave's healing effect becomes more powerful when hitting allies that are further away from you.
- When trying to attack enemies with Techno Synaptic Wave, try hovering in the air so your allies don't accidentally block your shots.
- A glowing green aura effect can be seen around Voltar when Chilli Flavoured Eye Drops is ready to fire.
- Firing a Suicide Drone at your enemy may cause some burst, but will also reduce your overall DPS. Consider both options before doing so.
- Protect your Healbot: It's on a large cooldown and it can be destroyed quite easily before it can heal you and your teammates. Energy Drink and Cortex Tank are examples of upgrades that can help you with this.
- Be careful with Cortex Tank, as they may push your enemies out of harm's way, denying your team a kill.
- You might want to avoid pairing Turret Add-on with Cortex Tank, as the knockback will keep your enemies out of the healbot's damaging zone.
- The healing effect of Voltar's Techno Synaptic Wave gets stronger as it travels. Move away from Voltar to get more powerful healing blasts.
- You must be close to healbot when it is done charging up or you will not be healed by it.
- Protecting Voltar at all costs, especially if he invests into more healing power can greatly pay off and make your team hard to stop.
- Separating Voltar from the rest of his team can greatly aid in bringing him down.
- Voltar's one of the tallest Awesomenauts of the cast, making bodyblocking him to limit his movements an easier task. This is specially true on Aiguillon's tight corridors.
- Most of Voltar's upgrades are rather expensive. Putting pressure on him early on to kill him or force a retreat may delay his powerful late game.
- Save your powerful abilities to destroy Voltar's healbot as soon as it's deployed, denying the heal to the enemy team. Abilities that can't be blocked by his teammates such as Airstrike, Energy Pulse or Ball Lightning are particularly good for this.
- Voltar won't be able to defend himself as effectively if he just shot his Suicide Drones. Consider attacking him, but be mindful of his teammates and Healbot.