Clunk/Tips & Tactics
Playing As:[edit | edit source]
- Tapping the jump button instead of holding it down allows Clunk to remain in air longer as well as reach places that would otherwise be too high.
- Take advantage of long range of your Missiles to poke at your opponents, but keep the slow projectile speed in mind: Aim where they will be, not where they are.
- When playing as Clunk, you will most likely want boots to improve his slow movement speed.
- Clunk may be slow, but falls very fast. Use his jump to remain airborn often and suddenly drop down and attack your enemies if they get too close.
- Alternatively, when fighting enemies who tend to stay a safe distance away from you, consider surprising them by attacking from high ground or hide areas.
- Both Vacuum Bite and Explode have clear animations. Time those skill well to ensure you land them.
- Using Vacuum Bite on a neutral creep will not only give you the normal lifesteal, but the healthpack it drops as well for a more powerful heal.
- When using Medical Pump, it might be a good idea to play more passively and focus on biting targets until you max your health.
- When using Multi Hose, try to save Vacuum Bite for two targets as often as possible, as you will get twice as much lifesteal. Just remember it doesn't affect the same target twice.
- Pairing Multi Hose with Screamer Engine can grant Clunk powerful crowd control during a teamfight.
- It is possible to kill yourself with Explode! Think twice before activating it.
- Alternatively, if you are absolutely sure you will not escape your enemies and are very low on health, do trigger Explode and try to take them down with you. The explosion will still go off if you are killed while charging it.
- Biting two targets at once with Multi Hose will not cause two healing over time effects from Power Converter to take place, however, biting two targets with two separate bites will.
- A popular tactic among Clunk players involves charging up Explode and dropping from a high place on top of unsuspecting enemies, giving them less time to escape the blast radius.
- When using this tactic, remember to watch the minimap constantly to know where your opponents are before dropping on top of them.
- Both Screamer Engine and Grease Lightning Snail are effective ways of keeping enemies within range of Clunk's Explode.
- Remember: Thermonuclear Cleaner increases damage dealt to enemies and to yourself! Consider pairing it with Titanium Hard Hat.
- Explode can be used to save an ally from danger. Simply activate it and block their pursuers' path. Most of them will give up chase or take severe damage, maybe even allowing you to finish them off. It can also be used to discourage enemies that would otherwise attack you if you feel you can't take them down.
- With Fragmenting Shells, Clunk is able to damage the Solar Drill from above. He is also able to hit the top turrets in Ribbit IV from underneath as long as they are currently attacking something else.
- It is possible to keep track of your missiles' launch string by looking at the missile icon (see below). That way, you can store a more powerful missile just before a teamfight.
- Applying what you've learned from the above tip with Salvo Value Pack, you can store a powerful missile (missile #3 or the giant one from The Juggernaut "Fat Pete", for instance), bite or explode an enemy and then shoot them for twice as much damage.
Playing With:[edit | edit source]
- Allow Clunk to bite enemy droids and creeps if possible so that he may recover lost health.
- Crowd Control, particularly displacement and knockback can greatly assist Clunk in landing his Explode on enemies when used properly.
- If you have any form of healing, use it to help Clunk mitigate the self-damage from his explode.
- Clunk is the slowest 'naut in the game. Don't rush ahead of him and expect him to help you: It'll take longer for him to reach you.
Playing Against:[edit | edit source]
- Clunk is a powerful Awesomenaut, but his Solar costs are very high. Avoid dying at all costs and try to prevent him from farming droids as best as you can.
- The absolutely best moment to attack an enemy Clunk is when both Explode and Vacuum Bite are on cooldown, especially if he misses the bite trying to get extra health.
- Killing Clunk while his Explode is being charged will cause it to go off instantly. Be very careful when engaging him when he's at low health.
- Aside from missiles, Clunk's abilities have relatively short range. Try to keep him a safe distance from you.
- Use the score screen to see if Clunk has dangerous upgrades such as Screamer Engine, Grease Lightning Snail or Thermonuclear Cleaner. This information might help you when approaching him if you have to.
- Never put yourself below a flying Clunk!. He may be slow-moving, but he falls down very quickly if he wants to.
- Being a very slow and big awesomenaut, Clunk is naturally vulnerable to poking. Try to attack him from a safe distance, specially when he approaches Droids for a healing bite. That way he can end up taking more damage than he can heal and may be forced to retreat.
- If Clunk is using Power Converter, try to attack him as often as possible (as long as it is safe to do so) to deny him the healing over time bonus.
- Being a lifesteal, bite does not remove damage over time effects.
- Cocoon pauses Clunk's Explode. If a Clunk is cocooned mid-explode, take the opportunity to run away from the blast radius before he breaks free.
- Jump around Clunk and if he uses his Explode, use any crowd control (slows and knockbacks are particularly effective) or escape ability.
- If Clunks flies up out of your view, beware! He may be trying to divebomb you!