Console/Voltar the Omniscient
|Attack Type:||Short Range|
|Voltar the Omniscient ||Unlocked Level: 6|
|Type of abilities: Healer, Blind, Knockback||Release Date: May 1st, 2012|
Back Story[edit | edit source]
Voltar's past is shrouded in mystery. Rumor has it he once was a researcher at a star-encapsulating power station. The station made intergalactic headlines when it exploded around 500 years ago, sending off ail kinds of strange, unseen radiation into space. In this explosion, the Al core of the Zero's was destroyed, bringing an abrupt end to the First Al War. Although peace was maintained for some centuries, the war eventually returned. Some think that war was just too profitable, and suspect that weapon manufacturers had a hand in the construction of a new Al core for the Zero's.
The explosion at the power station destroyed almost every part of Voltar's body, leaving only his brilliant brain intact. This brain was carefully placed inside a Braintank by salvagers. Through the years, and with help of his loyal robot drones, he made some nifty modifications to his braintank that enabled him to participate in the newly erupted Robot Wars.
No-one knows Voltar's true motives for participating in the war as a mercenary, but what can be assured is that he’s a mastermind with unmatched psychotechnic powers and an arsenal of armed robots that do his every bidding.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Taunts[edit | edit source]
- "If it bleeds, means we can kill it!" Reference to the movie Predator
- "Your existence was irrelative!"
- "Hah! I build droids smarter than you!"
- "Death.. to squishy things!"
- "Resistance is futile!"
- "You are no match...for my intellect."
- "Tactical advantage is mine!"
Help[edit | edit source]
- "Mein leben!"
- "I require more and more"
- "I require reinforcements!"
Purchase[edit | edit source]
- "Insert slot A to slot B, ah sehr interessant!"
- "I shall remake myself, I have the technology!" a reference to The Six Million Dollar Man
Teleporting[edit | edit source]
- "I'll be back!"
- "Don't do anything stupid without me!"
- "I require more technology!"
- "My brain, wonders/wanders."
Chosen[edit | edit source]
- "I am the brain of the operation."
- "Techno-synaptic wave modulator at optimum frequence."
- "Resistance is futile!"
Killing Blow[edit | edit source]
- "I kill you... with my brain!"
- "Look! No hands!"
- "Mind over matter!"
- "All according to plan."
Killing Spree[edit | edit source]
- "My brain outnumbers you all!"
Taking Damage[edit | edit source]
Drop Pod In[edit | edit source]
- "Owner of a lonely brain..." a reference to Yes's Owner of a Lonely Heart
- "I am the brain of the operation."
- "Techno-synaptic wave modulator at optimum frequence."
- "Gentlemen! Let us commence assault!"
On Death[edit | edit source]
Nauts In-Game Look[edit | edit source]
Skin Information[edit | edit source]
Disco Voltar[edit | edit source]
Burn baby burn! Love is in the air as Disco Voltar is here with a funky groove. He won't stop 'till he gets enough, and this daddy cool will make sure everyone is stayin' alive. Lose that brainjar and party like it's 2399 with Disco Voltar! Boogie on! Includes funky healbot music! It costs $2.49.
Necro Voltar[edit | edit source]
Make Voltar channel the powers of the ancient Aztecs with this awesome Necro Voltar skin! If you own the Steam version of Swords & Soldiers, Ronimo's Award-winning debut side-scrolling strategy game, you will recieve the Necro Voltar skin in Awesomenauts for FREE!
Hero Spotlight[edit | edit source]
Extension:DynamicPageList (DPL), version 3.3.2: Warning: Skipping bad option 'Console' for parameter 'category'.
- 2013-11-05 17:37:56 Leon Chameleon/Builds/Zombie Leon
- 2013-09-24 16:02:30 Yuri
- 2013-09-16 19:59:10 Coco Tactics
- 2013-09-13 04:00:23 Froggy G/Builds/Rappin' and slappin'
- 2013-07-28 20:03:50 Sheriff Lonestar/Builds/Wrangler
- 2013-07-23 16:18:30 Vinnie & Spike/Builds/pocket full of solar
- 2013-07-03 16:39:32 Vinnie & Spike/Builds/Spike Dive Assassin
- 2013-07-01 13:26:26 Skølldir/Builds/Superpowered Punches
- 2013-06-30 20:10:47 Gnaw/Builds/(updated) Super Killing Gnaw
- 2013-06-30 01:32:31 Sheriff Lonestar/Builds/Hard to kill lonestar
- 2013-06-30 01:30:22 Sheriff Lonestar/Builds/Name of Guide
- 2013-06-22 18:10:33 Raelynn/Builds/Tricks and Tips~
- 2013-06-21 08:51:47 Ayla/Builds/Hit'n'run
- 2013-06-19 18:54:38 Ayla/Builds/Rage Bomb Ayla
- 2013-06-16 23:51:53 Yuri/Builds/All Mine
- 2013-06-11 02:52:29 Sheriff Lonestar/Builds/Destroyer
- 2013-06-10 16:35:27 Skølldir/Builds/Tankdir - Health through Punching!
- 2013-06-10 12:05:29 Leon Chameleon/Builds/Beginners guide to Leon
- 2013-06-10 06:24:47 Voltar the Omniscient/Builds/Pocket Voltar - A Medic's Guide to the Universe
- 2013-06-10 06:24:07 Voltar the Omniscient/Builds/Offensive Build
- 2013-06-10 06:23:28 Voltar the Omniscient/Builds/Exponential Growth Voltar
- 2013-06-10 06:22:50 Vinnie & Spike/Builds/Pepinos
- 2013-06-10 06:22:32 Vinnie & Spike/Builds/Dive, Dash, Death
- 2013-06-10 06:22:22 Vinnie & Spike/Builds/Stealth and kill.
- 2013-06-10 06:21:30 Skølldir/Builds/Gnome Loses Home in Tragic Earthquake
- 2013-06-10 06:20:17 Sheriff Lonestar/Builds/Beginner Build
- 2013-06-10 06:19:14 Raelynn/Builds/Time Rift Focused
- 2013-06-10 06:18:19 Raelynn/Builds/Blaster-Pusher
- 2013-06-10 06:17:38 Raelynn/Builds/LHC Raelynn, Burst and Domination.
- 2013-06-10 06:17:02 Raelynn/Builds/Mileanhour's guide
- 2013-06-10 06:16:22 Raelynn/Builds/Chargin' Raelynn - Don't Run, You'll Die Tired!
- 2013-06-10 06:15:51 Raelynn/Builds/Raelynn Sniper Extraordinaire
- 2013-06-10 06:15:38 Raelynn/Builds/This is my Rifle
- 2013-06-10 06:13:41 Leon Chameleon/Builds/Relentless Chrono Assault
- 2013-06-10 06:13:27 Leon Chameleon/Builds/Sword Time Warp
- 2013-06-10 06:13:08 Leon Chameleon/Builds/Never Ending Attack
- 2013-06-10 06:12:45 Leon Chameleon/Builds/No Escape
- 2013-06-10 06:12:26 Leon Chameleon/Builds/Feel The Sharpness of This Blade!
- 2013-06-10 06:10:44 Gnaw/Builds/Aggressive Gnaw
- 2013-06-10 06:10:34 Gnaw/Builds/Upclose and personal gnaw
- 2013-06-10 06:10:22 Gnaw/Builds/Destroy Melee Gnaw
- 2013-06-10 06:10:13 Gnaw/Builds/Super Killing Gnaw
- 2013-06-10 06:09:31 Genji the Pollen Prophet/Builds/Genji the Pollen Prophet/Builds/Storm Support
- 2013-06-10 06:07:55 Froggy G/Builds/Shotgun Splasher
- 2013-06-10 06:07:23 Froggy G/Builds/Invincible
- 2013-06-10 06:06:38 Derpl Zork/Builds/Sniper-Cat
- 2013-06-10 06:06:07 Derpl Zork/Builds/Siege Crazy
- 2013-06-10 06:05:26 Derpl Zork/Builds/Fast killing with Turret
- 2013-06-10 05:54:00 Clunk/Builds/Explode 'N' Snare
- 2013-06-10 05:50:49 Coco Nebulon/Builds/Aggressive Coco
- 2013-06-09 01:04:36 Vinnie & Spike/Builds/Name of Guide
- 2013-06-09 01:03:23 Vinnie & Spike/Builds/The Vinnie & Spike guide to robbin' banks properly, see?
- 2013-06-07 16:13:17 Vinnie & Spike/Builds/Lost In the Mist/Ambush
- 2013-06-03 20:18:06 Yuri/Builds
- 2013-05-25 07:06:57 Clunk/Builds/Tank
- 2013-05-16 15:13:24 Sheriff Lonestar/Builds/Puddingskin's Lonestar Build; Dynamite Based
- 2013-05-13 16:45:13 Coco Nebulon/Builds/Puddingskin's Coco Build; TUBE-YOU-LAR!
- 2013-05-10 19:08:41 Clunk/Builds/Flexible Clunk
- 2013-05-10 14:47:37 Raelynn/Builds/Puddingskins Ultimate Raelynn Build
- 2013-05-02 19:23:06 Vinnie & Spike/Builds/Nyah! 2.1
- 2013-05-02 19:10:41 Vinnie & Spike/Builds/Delicious Solar
- 2013-04-30 06:15:22 Leon Chameleon/Builds/Leon Chameleon/Builds/Puppet Master
- 2013-04-12 22:33:56 Vinnie & Spike/Builds/Double Dash Takedown
- 2013-04-03 18:53:45 Leon Chameleon/Builds/Neverending killing spree
- 2013-03-21 14:56:25 Clunk/Builds/Explode Spam Clunk
- 2013-03-18 02:15:12 Genji the Pollen Prophet/Builds/Genji the Pollen Prophet/You'll Never Escape
- 2013-03-15 16:23:19 Genji the Pollen Prophet/Builds/You'll Never Escape
- 2013-03-15 16:22:16 Genji the Pollen Prophet/Builds/Name of Guide
- 2013-03-05 20:53:24 Genji the Pollen Prophet/Builds/Genji the Pollen Executioner
- 2013-03-05 00:09:57 Genji the Pollen Prophet/Builds/Come At Me Bro!/ No Escape
- 2013-02-12 21:15:03 Clunk/Builds/The Sapper
- 2013-02-02 21:12:17 Raelynn/Builds/Noobnauts- Raelynn
- 2013-01-13 19:05:24 Raelynn/Builds/360 SlowScope
- 2013-01-10 10:37:56 Skølldir/Builds/They Can't Run If You Stun
- 2013-01-08 21:48:41 Coco Nebulon/Builds/Coco's Turret Downer Build
- 2012-12-26 17:22:58 Skølldir/Builds/MvPlayer w/ Mutton
- 2012-12-24 23:46:46 Skølldir/Builds/Name of Gvinnie spikeuide
- 2012-12-22 14:04:26 Skølldir/Builds/It's an all-you-can-FIST buffet!
- 2012-12-01 19:55:27 Raelynn/Builds/Raelynn Time Rift CC Build
- 2012-11-28 05:21:01 Raelynn/Builds/Turret Pushing Build
- 2012-11-28 04:34:40 Raelynn/Builds/Monkey's Paw Aggression
- 2012-11-27 20:54:14 Raelynn/Builds/One shot, One Kill
- 2012-11-27 19:51:04 Raelynn/Builds/Damage whopper
- 2012-11-27 00:06:23 Raelynn/Builds/Harasser Raelynn
- 2012-11-26 01:12:29 Raelynn/Builds/Brawler Raelynn
- 2012-11-25 23:16:14 Raelynn/Builds/Siege Mode
- 2012-11-25 17:26:31 Raelynn/Builds/Who wants a cuddle?
- 2012-11-25 13:39:58 Raelynn/Builds/Time Rift + Blaster Build
- 2012-11-25 04:20:24 Raelynn/Builds/Offensive Support
- 2012-11-21 21:20:36 Voltar the Omniscient/Builds/Supportive Build
- 2012-11-21 07:47:04 Raelynn/Builds/Speed Farming
- 2012-11-21 03:49:43 Voltar the Omniscient/Builds/Moneybags build
- 2012-11-20 21:38:19 Coco Nebulon/Builds/Vampiric Coco
- 2012-10-26 23:25:40 Gnaw/Builds/General Gnaw
- 2012-10-26 23:07:33 Yuri/Builds/Team-Based Support
- 2012-10-26 23:06:30 Yuri/Builds/Laser Focused
- 2012-10-26 23:05:51 Yuri/Builds/Minespam Yuri
- 2012-10-26 22:27:14 Sheriff Lonestar/Builds/Endgame Build
- 2012-10-26 22:23:04 Leon Chameleon/Builds/Assassin Sword Spank
- 2012-10-26 22:20:36 Froggy G/Builds/Angler
- 2012-10-26 22:19:35 Froggy G/Builds/Chaser
Tips & Tactics[edit source]
Playing As:[edit | edit source]
- Voltar has a weak early game and a very powerful late game. Play defensively and focus on farming Solar with your Healing Wave at the start.
- Voltar needs to have companions to be effective. He needs something that can attack because he can't attack without his Drones. The best way to use Voltar is to follow a group of droids, or follow other Awesomenauts and support them.
- Voltar gains Solar from healing anything with Healing Wave, whether it's droids, a fellow Awesomenaut, or even Leon's dummy.
- Voltar may be able to take down a turret if left alone with just droids and drones while the rest of his team is distracting the enemy. Dark Matter Shots makes this tactic even more effective as the enemy droids are incapacitated by blind.
- You might want to avoid pairing Turret Add-on with Cortex Tank, as the knockback will keep your enemies out of the healbot's damaging zone.
- You may activate Voltar's Hover as many times as you'd like as long as you are still up in the air. Alternate between hovering and falling to confuse enemies trying to hit you.
- Remember that the Drones' explosion is a large part of Voltar's damage output and that they take some time before fully respawning. Consider this before detonating them.
- Be careful with Psychokinetic Repulsion and Cortex Tank, as they may push your enemies out of harm's way, denying your team a kill.
Playing Against:[edit | edit source]
- Without the Turret Add-on upgrade for Healbot, Twisted Nightmares or his Drones, Voltar has no means of damaging his enemies. Attack him freely if such is the case.
- Voltar's the tallest Awesomenaut of the cast, making bodyblocking him to limit his movements an easier task.
- Most of Voltar's upgrades are very expensive. Putting pressure on him early on to kill him or force a retreat may delay his powerful late game.
- You might want to save a more powerful ability to destroy Voltar's healbot as soon as it's deployed, denying the heal to the enemy team.
- Don't bother trying to steal the healthpack from Health Pack Surprise. Only Voltar and his team can take it.