|Attack Type:||Long Range|
|Yuri ||Unlocked Level: 12|
|Type of abilities: Healer, Area of effect, Slow||Release Date: May 1st, 2012|
Back Story[edit | edit source]
Once part of the soviet space program, Yuri was a monkey, experimentally shot into space during the 1960's cold war spacerace. Mysteriously, monitoring soviet scientists suddenly lost track of monkey Yuri's spacecraft.
Puzzled by its sudden disappearence, Soviet space-command wondered what had become of their beloved test-pet Yuri. Little did they know that Yuri's spacecraft had entered a warpfield anomaly and was transported hundreds of years into the future!
Also, the warpfields radiation boosted Yuri's mind to superintelligent levels. The new, more intelligent, mad and slightly sadistic Yuri quickly grasped the situation and modified his broken rocket into an equally mad timetravelling supercomputer jetpack.
With the jetpack translating everything Yuri says and does, enemies are never quite sure who is in control, the mad scientist monkey, or the computer it created?
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Taunts[edit | edit source]
- Yuri: "Hoehoeha" Computer: "I will peel you like Banana, then split...it's good!"'
- Yuri: "Hoehoehoe," Computer: "Make like Banana and split," Yuri: "Ah!" Computer: "in two!"'
- Yuri: "Hoehoehah!" Computer: "I fling poo at you!"'
- Yuri: "Hohoha!" Computer: "I expect you to die!" Refrance to the James Bond movie Goldfinger(1964), in the scene where Goldfinger tries to kill James Bond with a laser he says "No mister bond, I dont expect you to talk. I expect you to die!". and the laser is Yuri's primary weapon.
Killing Blow[edit | edit source]
- Yuri: "Hihihaha!" Computer: "Mhuahaha!"'
- Yuri: "Hoehoehoehoehaha!" Computer: "From Monkey with love!" This is another nod to the James Bond movies, this time referring to the movie From Russia with Love (1963).
Help[edit | edit source]
- Yuri: "Hoehoeha" Computer: "I am in giant pain"'
- Yuri: "Hoehoeha" Computer: "Need assistance"
- Yuri: "Hoehoeha" Computer: "Help the monkey!"
Purchase[edit | edit source]
- Yuri: "Hooe" Computer: "New toys for Yuri"'
- Yuri: "Hooee!" Computer: "Shiny technology!"'
Teleporting[edit | edit source]
- Yuri: "Hoehoehoe" Computer: "I will be back!"'
- Yuri: "Hoehoehoe" Computer: "Yuri requires upgrades"'
- Yuri: "Hoehoehoehoe" Computer: "I will return presently!"'
Chosen[edit | edit source]
- Yuri: "Hoehoeha!" Computer: "Launch sequence initiated!"'
- Yuri: "Hahoehoe!" Computer: "For the Motherland!"'
- Yuri: "Hoehoehaa!" Computer: "Set laser to maxima crispy!"'
Drop Pod In[edit | edit source]
- Yuri: "Hoehoeha" Computer: "Yuri was promised banana!"
- Yuri: "Hoehoehoe" Computer: "Set laser to maxima crispy!"
Killing Spree[edit | edit source]
- Yuri: '''"'''''Hoeaahaa'''''"''' Computer:' '"'I'm just getting started!'"
Nauts In-Game Look[edit | edit source]
Skin Information[edit | edit source]
[Transcript from 1959 experimental Sputnik launch, Read with Russian accent] This is Launch control. Cabin atmosphere and pressure stable. Testmonkey is in seat. Ignition sequence starts. 4... 3... 2... 1... Boost. We have lift-off. All tanks pressurized. Tower cleared. Wait minute... Monkey is out of seat. Monkey get back in seat! Yuri!!! It cost $2.49.
Hero Spotlight[edit | edit source]
Extension:DynamicPageList (DPL), version 3.3.2: Warning: Skipping bad option 'Console' for parameter 'category'.
- 2013-09-24 16:02:30 Yuri
Tips & Tactics[edit source]
Playing As:[edit | edit source]
- While the Jet Pack is active, Yuri will ignore any glass platforms, moving freely through them.
- Yuri players often conceal their Mines inside hide areas in order to surprise enemies.
- Deploy mines in high traffic areas, jump pad paths and platforms to make it difficult for enemies to maneuver around the lane. Other good locations include the Worm button on Sorona or the Creep Releaser on AI Station 404.
- Combining Aerial Spring and Carpet Bombs allow Yuri to control entire corridors.
- Stacking mines on top of each other is a great way of stopping droid pushes and dealing heavy damage to careless enemies.
- Yuri is good when paired with Leon, considering you can stack your Mines, and have him pull enemies into a stack of them. This is usually enough for a kill. If the enemy happens to survive, use your laser to aid your buddy in getting the kill.
- Much like default Time Warp, Flash Forward affects the speed of everything inside the bubble, including Yuri's own attack speed. Consider taking it if you are running a laser build focused on damage.
- With your team nearby, use your flight and hide areas to sneak on your enemies and get Time Warp on all of them.
Playing Against:[edit | edit source]
- A common mistake done by many new players is to willingly step on mines in order to clear them for the rest of the team. It's very rarely worth the risk as they usually deal high damage (specially when stacked) and Yuri can quickly and easily replace them.
- Mines make a beeping sound. Use that to know when you are close to one. This is specially useful against mines planted inside hide areas.
- Keep in mind that mines deal damage in an area around them. You may still be hurt if a droid or friendly 'naut steps on them if you are too close.
- Mobile minions such as bull and clones with Basic AI Chip can assist you in clearing mines, specially when they are stacked on top of each other. Splash Dash can also be useful due to the innate invulnerability.
- When engaging Yuri in close combat, remember that he can lay a mine right on top of you, which will immediately explode.
- Leon's Slash attack and movement/displacement crowd control effects can turn off Yuri's Jet Pack, forcing him to reactivate it if he wishes to remain in-flight.
- Yuri has a variety of powerful and dangerous upgrades to his Time Warp capable of turning an otherwise lost teamfight in his favor. Consider this before engaging him and his teammates.
- Yuri cannot move and fire his laser at the same time. Keep that in mind when trying to hit him with abilities and attacks that are harder to land.
- Yuri's Laser must stay active for a while in order to reach it's maximum damage potential. Crowd control effects interrupt this effect, however, making them particularly useful in this case.