Patch 2.0 (12 December 2013)
Release of Starstorm (early access)[edit | edit source]
The first parts of the Starstorm expansion will go live with this build. Including custom games, Ted Mcpain and the menu overhaul. The Starstorm expansion is available for purchase on Steam as early access.
New Naut: Ted McPain[edit | edit source]
Ted McPain was one of the great heroes of the first AI Wars, a long time ago. Long after his eventual heroic demise, he lived on as he became the star of various video games: Ted McPain I through XVII, Ted McPain: Zombie Blast, Ted McPain vs. Evil Ted McPain and Ted McPain Unicorn Dance Karting. Now Voltar managed to re-materialize Ted. The Ted McPain that appeared, though, was missing his pants for unknown reasons.
Ted McPain has the following skills:
- Call in an ion cannon airstrike for maximum damage.
- This stuff hurts, but stimpacks make Ted go berserk, enhancing his attack speed.
- Ted can alternate between his shotgun and machinegun.
Also two skins are part of the Starstorm release:
- Party boy McPain (Ted McPain)
- Titanium Ted (Ted McPain)
New icons: Killer Koala icons[edit | edit source]
- Special icons for in the Leaderboards and Scoreboard
- These are only for Kickstarter backers in the Silver tier and above (keys have been emailed already to Kickstarter backers; Paypal/Humble backers can find their keys in their Rewards page)
- Players who already had a special icon (like a Golden Duck, a Tentacle or a Lensflare Cat) will see both now
Custom games[edit | edit source]
- Custom games are now only available for Starstorm owners.
New game mode: Team deathmatch[edit | edit source]
Nauts will not be rebalanced for this, so some classes are stronger than others for this game mode
- Turn on/off turrets
- Turn on/off droppods
- Turn on/off random respawn positions
- Turn on/off shopping everywhere
- Turn on/off team deathmatch walls (to create smaller levels)
- Turn on/off extra Solar pickups in levels
- Turn on/off extra health pickups in levels
- Turn on/off losing Solar on death
- Modify starting Solar
- Modify and turn on/off respawn timers
- Modify droid and creep counts and turn them on/off (use at your own risk: if you set this too high, you can completely destroy your framerate and internet connection)
- Decrease bot count and turn them on/off
- Note that Achievements are turned off in Custom Games to avoid abuse (non-customised Private Matches still get achievements like before)
Menu overhaul[edit | edit source]
- The Awesomenauts menu now has some brand new colours smacked onto it!
- The main menu now features a carousel that highlights new DLC, trailers and community events.
General fixes[edit | edit source]
- Fixed that on Linux, the music would stop and start a new song if you opened the shop
- We think we have fixed the issue where very rarely Clunk would get continuous regen after a successful Bite. This would not stop until he died, making Clunk nearly invincible. Since this bug is extremely rare and we could not reproduce it, we cannot be 100% that we fixed it, so please report it to us if you still encounter it!
- Removed golden Solar coin in mid area Sorona
- Spawning and movement of creeps on AI Station 404 and Ribbit IV is mirrored so both teams have the same chance to kill them
- Fixed an issue where the sound and screen would glitch when jumping through the glass platform on Aguillion and on Sorona.
- Removed the creeps in the bottom tunnel on Aiguillon and replaced it with a healthpack
- Reduced healthdrops of creeps from 30 to 25 health
- Added two moving glass platforms to middle area Sorona
- Improved Custom Games interface
- Characters can’t shoot through terrain anymore (except for area of effect damage) e.g. Gnaw’s weedling placement through teamwalls
- Fixed an issue on Aiguillon where characters from team blue would be unable to jump while standing on the teamwall in the neutral zone of team Red.
Vinnie & Spike[edit | edit source]
- Vinnie & Spike Bubble gun now states "attack speed" instead of "attackspeed"
- Red bandana silence time increased slightly, this should prevent buttonbashing to still do skills during silence
- Blind duration on smoke cloud increased from 0.375 to 0.38 to prevent flickering of enemies on minimap
Leon Chameleon[edit | edit source]
- Both Leon's slash attack and enhanced muscle fibers now show the correct amount of attack speed
- Leon can't use tongue pull anymore while cloaking skin is active
Genji[edit | edit source]
- Cocoon doesn’t shut down damage reduction shields (Royal Toy Castle, Force Field and Brim Force Field)
- Removed a comma in the flavour text of misfortune cookies
- Fixed a bug where the extra health of spiritual cooking would be removed quicker than normal
Ayla[edit | edit source]
- Mammoth sock with holes stealth won’t affect Ayla anymore when she is in rage.
- Fiery Jawbreakers text now also states the 50% self damage increase
Gnaw[edit | edit source]
- Fertilizer now increases in strength over the course of a game. 15hp for the start and an extra 15hp every 5 min with a max of 60hp at 15min
- Increased Gnaw’s collision box slightly (width and height)
Raelynn[edit | edit source]
- Removed a stage of HC bomb and fixed triple and quadruple damage bugs.
Derpl[edit | edit source]
- Siegemode text now also states the debuff immunity it provides
- Clicking really rapidly on siegemode won’t mess with the cooldown anymore
- Fixed an issue where you could teleport while going out of siegemode
Froggy G[edit | edit source]
- Resolved a bug where Froggy wasn’t able to shoot when being pulled out of whirlwind by a tongue pull of Leon
Swiggins[edit | edit source]
- Positioned his health bar a little lower so he can hide better in the bushes
Clunk[edit | edit source]
- Changed the description of missiles to not state that they are guided anymore
Coco[edit | edit source]
- Speed reduced of conducting gel from 1.4 to 1.2
- Explosion radius of lightning ball slightly reduced