Patch 3.3 Rise of Galactron (16 November 2016)
- 1 New Matchmaking
- 2 NEW language option: Simplified Chinese
- 3 NEW skin: Scourge Captain McPain
- 4 NEW skin: Unicorn Nibbs
- 5 NEW FREE announcer: Slowwolf
- 6 General
- 7 Ayla
- 8 Chucho
- 9 Froggy G
- 10 Ix
- 11 Jimmy and the LUX5000
- 12 Leon
- 13 Penny Fox
- 14 Professor Yoolip
- 15 Raelynn
- 16 Rocco
- 17 Sentry
- 18 Vinnie & Spike
New Matchmaking[edit | edit source]
In order to improve the overall experience, we've completely rebuilt the matchmaking system from the ground up. The game will no longer require you to maintain a non-stop connection to the Steam servers, which will ensure you don't disconnect from a match if the Steam servers go down for a second or two. Matchmaking is entirely handled by our own tech, and we've fundamentally changed the matchmaking flow. Players will now be matched all at once every few minutes, rather than be assigned to the best possible match that already exists.
Persistent Party System[edit | edit source]
An overhauled party system will allow you to team up with your friends more easily, and manage your invitations without hassle. Players who have teamed up will now automatically stay together once their game has finished. For more information about the persistent party system, please check out this blog post.
Queue[edit | edit source]
While queued up for the matchmaking system, players are able to freely navigate the menu, chat, and watch replays. The only thing not possible is making changes to your party composition or entering a different match.
Rejoin[edit | edit source]
Players who disconnect from a game will be able to reconnect to their match from the main menu. For more information on the rejoin system, please check out this blog post.
Removal of Late-Join[edit | edit source]
As a result of the Rejoin system being implemented and the new matchmaking system ALWAYS starting a game with a full set of six players, we are retiring the late-joining feature.
Leave Penalties[edit | edit source]
Players who leave or disconnect from a matchmade game and do not return within the allotted time will receive additional punishment. They will be locked out of the matchmaking system for several minutes and have an ‘abandon’ added to their track record. Repeatedly abandoning matches will result in increased matchmaking lockouts. Leaving a match during character selection will immediately result in an abandon, and returns all other players to the main menu. These players will be automatically entered back into the queue.
‘Safe to Leave’ Status[edit | edit source]
If a player has left a matchmade game and hasn’t returned within several minutes, other players can leave the game without receiving additional punishment. They WILL receive a loss and have their matchmaking rank affected as a result, if their team ends up losing the game in their absence. If all players in a team have left the match, the remaining team will automatically win shortly thereafter.
Match / Lobby & Party Chat[edit | edit source]
Joining a party or a match will now automatically add you to private chat channels that are only accessible to players in your party, team, or match. The chat feature is now available in character select.
Character Select[edit | edit source]
The Character Select screen has been overhauled, and should provide more relevant information about characters. You are able to cycle through backstories, available skins, announcers and skill descriptions in the bottom-left corner. The game will remember your recently played character, and will have this selected as the default for your next game.
Fanart Gallery[edit | edit source]
We have added a fanart gallery to the main menu options. Here you will find a set of fanart picked by the Ronimo team.
NEW language option: Simplified Chinese[edit | edit source]
NEW skin: Scourge Captain McPain[edit | edit source]
Captain McPain was a feared pirate throughout the seven galaxies. The man was well-known for his stature, his ability to carry around a full-sized cannon by himself, and his skill in actually firing the thing. But disaster struck when one day he boarded a vessel operated by the Order of Popae Monks. When one of the monks was accidentally sucked out of the airlock, The Grand Space Butterfly took offense and cursed the pirate and his crew. On that day, Captain McPain became a ghost that would forever haunt the shipping lanes throughout the Galaxy. A haunting visage that strikes fear into those that travel the void! This is a paid DLC and comes with a fully customized voice set, a new theme song and killing spree, and fully customised sound effects and graphics!
NEW skin: Unicorn Nibbs[edit | edit source]
Unicorn Nibbs is a unicorn warrior in service to the Unicornhood of Coba. This magical group was bound to the Ohmigosh dimension who, as soon as the Starstorm ripped a hole in the continuum, started an invasion of cuddliness. Right after going through the portal, Nibbs' ship gently touched down on the space station in a pink cloud of smoke. Scouting around, she mistook Gnaw's tail for a juicy piece of lovely unicorn candy. After cheerfully biting down on the treat, the startled Gnaw led her right back to the Awesomenauts who managed to convince her to stay with a wide variety of exotic treats, lots of petting, and by brushing her manes. This is a paid DLC.
NEW FREE announcer: Slowwolf[edit | edit source]
This announcer is voiced by the awesome 'Nauts caster SlowWolf. Over the years he has been involved with casting pretty much every large Awesomenauts event. Including this awesome showmatch [▶] , created to showcase the new Overdrive characters, and featuring some of the best Awesomenauts players at that time. For more SlowWolf, check out his YouTube channel. This is a free announcer. To get it, all you have to do is invite a friend who hasn't played Awesomenauts over the last month (or ever) and play a game with them.
General[edit | edit source]
- Mouse sensitivity now really correctly carries over from the current game version into Galactron.
- Fixed black screen when tabbing out of the game during startup in fullscreen DirectX.
- Updated the way Awesomenauts deals with some DirectX-related issues. This should resolve some common crashes when using DirectX.
- Fixed a very rare issue where players would sometimes not be visible to each other.
Ayla[edit | edit source]
- Fixed an issue where it was possible for Ayla to negate Knockback that should not be negatable (like Skolldir's Mighty Throw).
Chucho[edit | edit source]
- Fixed an issue where Sticky Bomb could be reflected or deflected while already laying on the ground.
- The Sticky Bomb can now stick to Skree’s Totem.
Froggy G[edit | edit source]
- Fixed an issue where the timer bar for Whirlwind would keep running even when the skill was interrupted.
- Mutant Worms: Limited Ninja edition effect no longer disappears automatically after 6 seconds.
Ix[edit | edit source]
- Fixed an issue where the buffs or debuffs provided by the bond would not apply at the first contact.
Jimmy and the LUX5000[edit | edit source]
- Tweaks to improve collision handling during charging: slightly wider character collision during charge and better knockback area matching.
- Fixed an issue where Castle Ice Cream Flavoured Pacifier healed less than the stated value.
Leon[edit | edit source]
- Fixed an issue where Tongue Snatch would sometimes not interrupt Froggy's Whirlwind.
Penny Fox[edit | edit source]
- Fixed an issue where Starstorm Statue and Electric Bike Lock would not stack properly.
Professor Yoolip[edit | edit source]
- Fixed an issue where Wrench Smack would deal double damage when coming out of stealth
- Fixed an issue where Antigravity Ball had no effect
Raelynn[edit | edit source]
- Fixed an issue where if Iron Rifle was bought, Realynn could both Snipe and throw a Time Rift at the same time while also allowing her to snipe more quickly.
Rocco[edit | edit source]
- Fixed an issue where split arrows created by the SWCA coin upgrade would sometimes hit the character where the split came from.
- Fixed that Rocco’s base attack animation did not show up over the network (on the PC of the Rocco himself it already worked before).
Sentry[edit | edit source]
- Fixed an issue where a Photon mine could deal damage twice when Counter Intelligence Cross was bought. One for the regular Mine, and one for the homing projectile.
- Fixed an issue where Starstorm Statue would make Black Hole Sun about 8-9% stronger per stage, instead of 5%
Vinnie & Spike[edit | edit source]
- Fixed an issue where buying Dead Seahorse Head would cause the Spikes at the end of Spike dive to come with a delay.