Patch 3.4 Prime Time (14 December 2016)
- 1 NEW character: Max Focus
- 2 NEW: Spectator mode
- 3 NEW: Clunk’s new graphics
- 4 NEW premium skin: Malicious Max
- 5 Modified audio balance
- 6 Replays
- 7 Soundtrack DLC
- 8 General
- 9 Announcers
- 10 General balance
- 11 Maps
- 12 Ayla
- 13 Chucho Krokk
- 14 Clunk
- 15 Coco
- 16 Genji
- 17 Derpl
- 18 Froggy G
- 19 Gnaw
- 20 Ix
- 21 Jimmy and the LUX5000
- 22 Ksenia
- 23 Leon
- 24 Nibbs
- 25 Penny Fox
- 26 Professor Yoolip
- 27 Raelynn
- 28 Rocco
- 29 Scoop
- 30 Sentry
- 31 Skølldir
- 32 Skree
- 33 Ted McPain
- 34 Vinnie & Spike
- 35 Voltar
- 36 Yuri
NEW character: Max Focus[edit | edit source]
Originally a security camera who was accidentally turned sentient by Professor M. Yoolip, Max quickly found a job with the Channel 7 Galactic News when the professor somehow slipped out of time. For years, Max happily caught the juiciest news from the most compromising angles. When the war between the Ones and Zeroes broke out, Max developed a real taste for war reporting. Craving even bigger explosions and spectacle, Max decided it was time to start making the news himself and joined the Awesomenauts. This character is part of the paid Overdrive DLC.
NEW: Spectator mode[edit | edit source]
The replays system has been expanded into Spectator Mode, allowing you to watch live matches! Features:
- A selection of Featured live matches
- Match of the Day
- View replays of your own matches
- View a list of friend matches, both live and replays
- Watch matches while waiting for matchmaking
- Live matches behave like replays, so you can even scrub through time and change the playback speed
- Old replays on your harddisk are also still listed
- Options to disable uploading (someone else in the match might still upload though)
- Option to make yourself anonymous in replays
NEW: Clunk’s new graphics[edit | edit source]
Clunk got explosive new looks! His visuals and animations were completely redone, resulting in cooler, crisper and much more awesome art! Sonic Picnic has even extended his theme song and killing spree music. His theme song is over six times as long now!
NEW premium skin: Malicious Max[edit | edit source]
Blood God Kethkar instructed Max to be his eyes, find the non-believers and spy on them, and reveal their secrets to him. And so Max found his new purpose, having reported on the news across many different worlds in the years before, he would now forevermore use his skills in service of the Blood God. This is a paid DLC and comes with a fully customized voice set!
Modified audio balance[edit | edit source]
With lots of new audio sources added over the years, we felt it was time to re-assess the volume distribution in-game. When all volume sliders are set to the same value, the levels they represent are now tweaked. Music and announcer have moved into the background and character lines are more clear with sound effects somewhere in between. Volume sliders have been reset for all players and you’re always free to set them to your own preferences.
Replays[edit | edit source]
- Fixed that moving platforms didn’t move anymore in replays.
- Fixed that sometimes the notification for buying an item didn’t show up.
- Fixed that autocamera sometimes overlooked a turret being destroyed by droids even though nothing else interesting was happening.
- Fixed that if you clicked directly to the end of a replay it would sometimes show “no further data” instead of the win screen.
- Fixed that the cursor didn’t hide anymore after not moving it for 5 seconds.
- Replays loading screen now shows an image of the map instead of a generic image.
Soundtrack DLC[edit | edit source]
- Added jingle and killing spree for Max Focus.
- Added the new extended jingle and killing spree for Clunk.
General[edit | edit source]
- Fixed an issue where assists weren’t visible in 2 player split screen.
- Adjusted class icons for both Yoolip and Penny to resemble their current in-game splash art
- Added a button to the menu for reporting bugs.
Announcers[edit | edit source]
- Added a new achievement that unlocks when you receive the SlowWolf announcer.
- The SlowWolf announcer is no longer hidden when you don’t own it.
- Fixed that Wraithlord Scoop Announcer would sometimes say several lines simultaneously.
- Added the announcer pack to the in-game store.
General balance[edit | edit source]
Solar Krab Burgers is both too good and too cheap, these adjustments should bring it more in line with the rest of the utility row.
- Solar Krab Burgers price increased to 150 solar, healing per coin reduced from 65 to 60 hp.
Some slight buffs to better balance the utility row.
- Space air max speed increase from 8% → 10%.
- Overdrive gear cooldown reduction increased from 8% → 10%.
Maps[edit | edit source]
Flying Nauts still have slightly too much of an advantage on these maps
- Slightly lower the no-fly zone in Sorona and Starstorm.
- All Awesomenauts with multiple jumps are now affected by no-fly zones
Ayla[edit | edit source]
A slight buff to help make this item more viable
- Dummy prisoner, range reduced from 53% to 50%, now also increases projectile speed by 20%.
After trying several nerfs, this upgrade is still considered overbearing. Changing it back to it's original function upon popular request
- Rubberband ball, changed into a trail that speeds up allies by 20% for 2 seconds for 150 solar.
Some tweaks to improve her Chain Whack item balance
- Thief tools, buffed from 9% to 11% per stage.
- Prison guard keys duration increased to 1.5s.
Her damage and sustain is overall considered problematic, these changes will make it slightly harder on both
- Evil Eye, damage thresholds reduced from 100% > 75% > 50% > 25% to 100% > 70% > 45% > 20%.
- Shield on rage reduced. Scaling values changed from 15% > 24% > 33% > 40% to 15% >20% >25% >30%.
Chucho Krokk[edit | edit source]
Improve some of Sticky Bomb's earlygame damage, while toning down it's most mandatory upgrade.
- Sticky Bomb, based damage increased from 350 to 400.
- Four-Eyed Visor, damage reduced from 85 to 65 per stage, price reduced to 165 per stage.
- Alien-Repellent Varnish, merged into one stage, price increased from 155 to 230.
Clunk[edit | edit source]
Some tuning to improve the item balance on the Missile row.
- Fragmenting shells, explodes only when it hits target, price reduced from 190 to 140 solar.
- Free flight fins, reduces cooldown on missile shot from -12% to -14% and increases missile speed from +25% to +30%.
- Double Missile, increases damage on all missiles from +10% to +12% per stage.
Coco[edit | edit source]
- Fixed that the last particles of a Blaze Trail didn’t have sound.
- Wicked Coco skin, fixed that teleport voice was cut off.
- Wicked Coco skin, fixed that pain voice samples didn’t play.
- Wicked Coco skin, added voice lines for base attack.
Power gloves has been a problematic upgrade in need of replacement for a while
- Power gloves, effect replaced. Now reduces enemy damage by 15% for 1.5s (weakens enemies), price reduced from 150 to 130 solar.
- Disruptor, now applies the correct slow values.
Genji[edit | edit source]
Bringing the price more in line with the functionality
- Caterpillar King Statue, price reduced from 165 to 135.
Derpl[edit | edit source]
- Placed Derpl’s turret and nuke spawn in the center of the character, making sure the range is the same when aiming both forward and backward.
Froggy G[edit | edit source]
Some slight improvements to Froggy's droid clearing potential, also improving Boom box in general to better balance the Tornado row
- Hammerpants, now deals damage to droids.
- Boom box, now also increases damage to droids.
- Boom box, damage increased from 16%(12) to 20%(15) per stage.
Gnaw[edit | edit source]
The planting damage is one of Gnaw's most solid, but the self-stun makes it very awkward.
- Weedlings, self-stun duration on planting reduced by 50%.
Some price tweaks to improve the item balance for the Weedling row
- Fertilizer, price reduced from 180 to 155 solar.
- Overgrowth, price increased from 130 to 170 solar.
- Flex Neck, price reduced from 175 to 150 solar.
Bringing the price more in line with its effect.
- Dental braces, price reduced from 165 to 130 solar.
- Dental braces, duration increased from 1s to 1.5s.
Ix[edit | edit source]
Lategame the bonded damage gets a bit too high, while the healing power gets a little underwhelming.
- Crystal Leaves, damage reduced from +15% to +10%.
- Crystal Leaves, healing increased from +15% to +20%.
This item is considered too strong and mandatory right now.
- Crystal Crunch, lifesteal reduced from +15 to +12 per stage.
Jimmy and the LUX5000[edit | edit source]
Now that the community has figured out how to counter LUX, he is a little on the weak side.
- Charge, no longer gets interrupted by silence, rather it interrupts LUX's ability to end the Charge at will.
- Base health increased from 1500 to 1550.
Ksenia[edit | edit source]
Now that the AA cancelling technique is viable again, Ksenia and specifically Scissor Throw has become a little too strong
- Scissor Throw, cooldown increased from 0.3 to 0.33 seconds
Buffs to some weak and underused upgrades
- Abrasive Hair Blaster, increased to +2 scissors from +1 scissor per droid and creep killed.
- The Gorge and the Beautiful, increased from 50% to 70% scissor regeneration
- Braided Tentacles, changed to one stage of +22 lifesteal for 180 solar
Lategame Ksenia can become almost permanently invisible, this tweak should help
- Vanish, cooldown increased from 12 to 13 seconds.
Leon[edit | edit source]
Electrifier is considered a little strong, especially due to how it affects jumps
- Electrifier, reduced to 10% slow per stage.
- Electrifier price buffed from 145 solar to 135 solar per stage.
Adjusting Chainsaw's price to better reflect the benefit it brings
- Chainsaw Addon, price reduced to 180 solar.
Nibbs[edit | edit source]
- Starstorm Statue will now properly grant +5% damage, instead of +3%.
Improving an underused upgrade
- Wormhole, also increases orb’s travel speed.
Penny Fox[edit | edit source]
Penny has a great early game, but a slightly underwhelming lategame. This tweaks should help improve and speed up her lategame.
- Death Lens, price reduced from 185 to 160 solar.
- Electric Bike Lock, damage increased from 11% to 13% per stage.
- Bug Jars, damage increased from +12% to +15%
Improve an underused upgrade to make it more universally interesting and better balance the item row
- Heart Shaped Net, now changes cooldown of Energy Pulse to 1s, plus 1.5s for every charge used when using more than 1.
- Heart Shaped Net, price increased from 115 to 155.
Some tuning to underused and underwhelming upgrades.
- Volatile wheels, also increases pounce speed.
- Chicken In Lunchbox, effect increased from +10% to +15%. Price increased from 180 to 210 solar.
Professor Yoolip[edit | edit source]
Yoolip needs some kind of protection while he locks himself in place to stun an enemy.
- Pancake 3D Printer, effect replaced, two stages of +15% shield during Gaze, 160 solar per stage.
Buff to upgrades that are considered too weak.
- Syrup Pouring Robot, lifesteal increased from 17 to 20.
- Sonic Wrench, merged into one upgrade, solar price increased to 160.
- Syrup Pouring Robot, fixed that 2 lifesteal ticks did not apply.
Raelynn[edit | edit source]
- Realynn got awesome new art in the character select menu.
Buff to a weak and underused upgrade
- Casettedeck Magazine, merged into one stage of 2 seconds for 200 solar.
Replacing a problematic upgrade that stimulates snowballing with some other utility.
- Monkey hand, effect replaced. Now increases range by 25%, costs 160 solar.
Rocco[edit | edit source]
- The Precision Shot arrow now compensates for lag, making dodging the arrow over long distances work better when the internet connection with the Rocco is slow.
- Shinobi Rocco skin, fixed that voice lines for Vengeance and Precision Shot weren’t triggered.
Rocco is considered very strong, especially in higher level play. These tweaks should tone him down slightly.
- Base attack speed reduced from 150 to 145.
- Base damage, reduced from 2x(48) to 2x(45).
- Rocketpack, merged into one stage 30%, price increased to 170 solar.
Scoop[edit | edit source]
Hammer is considered a bit overbearing, these tweaks should make the Frozen Hammer skill a bit weaker and also more skillful
- Frozen Hammer, base damage at point blank reduced from 180 to 150
- Frozen Hammer, snare at point blank reduced from 0.4 seconds to 0.2 seconds. (Max range remains at 0.8 seconds).
- Snow shovel, heal reduced from 130 to 115 per target, price increased from 145 to 160 solar.
Replace one of two the mandatory damage items on the Bindings row, to tone down his damage potential and also improve diversity on the row.
- Idol of the Ice Queen, changed to an enemy slow added to the end of Bindings that slows for 2 seconds by 15% at 150 solar per stage, two stages.
- Bindings of Justice, base damage from 200 to 180.
- Banner of the Triple Scoop, damage reduced from 47 to 40 per stage, price reduced from 150 to 130 solar.
Improve the support upgrade as it's considered a bit unreliable
- Holy Cup, range increased by 20%
This upgrade has been very weak for a long time
- Penguin Throne, changed to 33% shielding when charging Bindings for 160 solar.
Toning down a little overpowered upgrade
- Halberd of justice damage reduced from 30% to 25% and duration down from 4s to 3s.
Sentry[edit | edit source]
Buff an underwhelming upgrade
- Bug Detector, damage per second increased from 150 to 175, range increased by 35%.
Tone down the speed on Black Hole charging, as it's considered to make Sentry too fast.
- Night Vision Spywatch, reduced from 60% to 50% movement speed.
Considered too strong for it's area denial effect.
- Drive over skulls, explosion size increase reduced from 100% to 60%
Adding over 150% extra duration, this upgrade could use a bit of toning down.
- Camouflage Tent, reduced to +1s at 150 solar per stage
- Drive over skulls combined with counter intelligence cross will now properly visualise the explosion radius of both bullets.
Skølldir[edit | edit source]
Toning down of an upgrade that's considered too good
- Small Volcano, height reduced from 250% to 175%.
Change to make the upgrade not hard-counter all ranged Nauts
- Fist Bump, now only works on the first two punches.
Skree[edit | edit source]
Reduce some prices to make Skree get effective earlier.
- Steeldrum, price reduced from 215 to 180 solar per stage.
- Air Freshener, merged into 1 stage for 225 solar.
- Spare Blade, price reduced from 225 to 200 solar.
Changing both the damage against droids and the cooldown mechanics to reduce stalling was a bit much
- Sawblade, cooldown reverted back from 8 to 10 seconds.
- Sawblade, cooldown starts when Skree launches his saw out as opposed to it having returned to skree.
Same buffs and changes to improve Lightning Rod diversity.
- Soul Connectors, merged into one stage of +65 DoT damage for 175 solar.
- Ceremonial Mask, Skree no longer has to withhold from firing to activate the effect.
Ted McPain[edit | edit source]
- Scourge Captain McPain skin, added special music that plays during Stimpack.
- Scourge Captain McPain skin, fixed that he sometimes used voice lines from the regular Ted for kills.
- Grénaide pour homme, now stuns nearby targets for 0.3 seconds, area reduced by 40%
Vinnie & Spike[edit | edit source]
Already considered mandatory, silence on Smoke Screen was made even stronger when the blind cc was remade. Moving it to Spike Dive to also replace the range increase, which is considered a crutch for Vinnie
- Antique Machinegun, changed to a 1.5 second silence for 175 solar.
- Red Bandana, changed into a 30% weaken for 170 solar.
Buffs to relatively weak upgrades
- Rigged Casino Games, damage reduction reduced from -40% to -35%.
- Rubber Mask, buffed from 30 HPS to 45 HPS.
This upgrade was overbuffed a while back
- Withered President Mask, duration reduced from 3s to 2s and percentage from 66.7 to 60%.
Replacing a problematic upgrade that stimulates snowballing.
- Loanshark, effect replaced. Now adds 4th bubble to Bubble Gun salvo, costs 240 solar.
Voltar[edit | edit source]
The current cooldown reduction upgrade on Healbot has become too effective since the base cooldown was reduced.
- Hydraulic Sugar Dispenser, merged into 1 stage. Reduces CD by 2.5 seconds, costs 200 solar.
Yuri[edit | edit source]
Yuri's map presence can be very obnoxious. These changes should slightly reduce it without affecting his laning while also stimulating him to be more active.
- Mines, lifetime reduced from 12s to 10s.
- Mines, damage against droids increased from 50% to 75%.
Buff an underwhelming upgrade
- Chrono rift, cooldown per stage increased from -1s to -2s.
- Chrono rift, purchasing the upgrade now correctly updates tooltips.