Patch 3.5 Unleash Your Power (8 March 2017)
- 1 NEW Naut: Samuel ‘Deadlift’ Gains
- 2 NEW: Map editor and Steam Workshop
- 3 NEW: Custom Games browser
- 4 NEW skin: Summertime Chucho
- 5 Skills always unlocked
- 6 Cleanup & improved performance
- 7 Achievements
- 8 Replays
- 9 General
- 10 Starstorm Station
- 11 Ayla
- 12 Chucho Krokk
- 13 Clunk
- 14 Coco
- 15 Derpl
- 16 Froggy G
- 17 Genji
- 18 Gnaw
- 19 Ix
- 20 Jimmy and the LUX5000
- 21 Ksenia
- 22 Leon
- 23 Lonestar
- 24 Max Focus
- 25 Nibbs
- 26 Penny Fox
- 27 Professor Yoolip
- 28 Raelynn
- 29 Rocco
- 30 Scoop
- 31 Sentry
- 32 Skølldir
- 33 Skree
- 34 Ted McPain
- 35 Vinnie & Spike
- 36 Voltar
NEW Naut: Samuel ‘Deadlift’ Gains[edit | edit source]
Samuel "Deadlift" Gains was a young calf during "The Great Bovinion Wrangling" and escaped aboard a dairy transport bound for the fitness planet Flexon, where he trained to get revenge on Lonestar. After failing to ambush the cowboy ,due to his cunning tricks, Samual woke up in a hospital with one of his arms and horns replaced by mechanical versions. With Lonestar and the inhabitants of Flexon convinced he had died, Samuel took on a new alias: Deadlift. Back on his quest to avenge the Bovinions, Deadlift joined the Awesomenauts after telling Blabl Zork that he could pull out solar drills with his bare hands. Secretly, he's still plotting to put the cowboy out of business for good.
NEW: Map editor and Steam Workshop[edit | edit source]
You can now make your own maps, share them through Steam Workshop and download other people’s mods! You can make standard Awesomenauts maps, or go crazy and make totally different gamemodes. As a start, we’ve uploaded two fun maps: Skull Station and Teamwall Madness! Battle it out in a deathmatch inside a giant Skull or enter the maddening halls of a single lane Awesomenauts map featuring team specific platforms for asymmetrical fun! For more info on how to create mods check the Awesomenauts Gamepedia Wiki.
NEW: Custom Games browser[edit | edit source]
You can use the lobby browser to join public Custom Games and look for specific types of matches! When you set your Custom Game to Public, everyone can see it in the lobby browser and join it. There’s of course also the option to set your Custom Game to Private and play with only your friends.
NEW skin: Summertime Chucho[edit | edit source]
This is a paid DLC.
Skills always unlocked[edit | edit source]
Both a quality of life and a usability improvement, this change will ensure that no one will ever run into the battlefield without skills. Since nearly everyone used to pick up both skills from the start, there was hardly any room for creativity and strategy on your first shopping spree. So now everyone will start with 150 Solar and both skills unlocked, which will give you a lot more options from the get-go.
Cleanup & improved performance[edit | edit source]
We’ve done a big cleanup of unused old assets. This should reduce loading times and memory usage and give a slight performance improvement on older computers. We might have accidentally removed a bit too much here and there. If you notice any missing effects, particles, texture or animations, please let us know so we can put them back!
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Swiftly through the forest: upped the allowed time to make it to the other side to 15 seconds, due to nerfs to Genji's Monarch Blessing.
Replays[edit | edit source]
- Copy matchID buttons are now available in linux, the copy paste only works within the game as it doesn’t use the operating system’s clipboard.
- Search by matchID in the Watch menu is now also available for LInux.
General[edit | edit source]
- Fixed the Skree announcer's in-game icon.
- Fixed the +xp popup in Chinese not showing the proper translation.
- When global chat is minimized, it no longer shows the 3 most recent messages.
- Fixed that Wildlife announcer didn’t say anything for enemy killing sprees.
- Fixed that Slowwolf announcer always said “fun” during the launch countdown, instead of also sometimes saying “One”.
Starstorm Station[edit | edit source]
This change gives players additional options to go between the bottom and top lane without having to face the risk of a player camping at the center-top portal.
- The portals behind the turrets now go to their own dedicated portal on the top lane of each side.
Ayla[edit | edit source]
- Added hitmarker when hitting someone with Evil Eye.
Chucho Krokk[edit | edit source]
Toned down some very potent upgrades for Chucho and made other underused upgrades more potent in return.
- Blabl Zork, reduced from 45% to 35% attack speed.
- Time Slipper, reduced from 0.3 to 0.2s cooldown reduction on hit.
- Alien-Repellent Varnish, increased shield trigger range by about 33%.
- One Armed Chameleon, increased shot damage from 81 to 90.
Clunk[edit | edit source]
Clunk has been underwhelming recently. His damage options have been improved and his upgrade prices, which were some of the highest of all nauts, have been reduced. Snare bite was found too potent so it has been reduced in duration, but can be picked up earlier due to price reduction.
- Vacuum Bite, base damage increased from 290 to 300.
- Screamer Engine, price reduced from 225 per stage to 195 per stage.
- Screamer Engine, removed a stage.
- Screamer Engine, snare duration increased from 0.6 to 0.8 seconds.
- Multi Hose, price reduced from 230 to 210.
- Quick’n Cleaner, price reduced from 145 per stage to 115 per stage.
- The Suckanator Power 9000 Cleaner, price reduced from 250 to 220.
- Medical Pump, maximum HP per bite reduced from 80 per bite to 70 per bite. Maximum potential reduced to 210 for one stage and 420 for two stages.
- Medical Pump, price reduced from 230 per stage to 200 per stage.
- Explode base damage reduced from 525 to 500.
- Explode base self-damage reduced from 315 to 300.
- Thermonuclear Cleaner, damage increased from 19% per stage to 28% per stage.
- Thermonuclear Cleaner, self damage increased from 13% per stage to 20% per stage.
- Thermonuclear Cleaner, price increased from 190 per stage to 220 per stage.
- Titanium Hard Hat, increased from 26% per stage to 50% per stage.
- Grease Lightning Snail, price reduced from 165 per stage to 140 per stage.
Coco[edit | edit source]
Coco’s brawling options were weak even though it’s supposed to be one of her main strengths, so she received a buff for her Shock attack. Blind reduced by popular demand.
- Shock, base damage increased from 30 to 35.
- Flashing Lights, blind duration reduced from 3 to 1.5 seconds.
- Flashing Lights, price reduced from 150 to 120 solar.
Derpl[edit | edit source]
- Fixed that Longcat would not add the correct amount of range to the Fat Cat projectile.
Froggy G[edit | edit source]
Toned down some strong upgrades for Froggy G.
- Boombox, damage increase reduced from 20% to 16% per stage.
- Can't touch this, damage reduction reduced from 40% to 33%.
- Clock necklace, heal over time reduced from 180 to 140.
Genji[edit | edit source]
Genji’s Cocoon cooldown has been increased to make it less likely for him to be able to shutdown multiple players in one encounter. Some of his Butterfly Shot damage was moved from Storm Drum to base, making it more reliable and stronger. Aside from that some price changes and a reduction of the strong Cocoon slow.
- Added hitmarker when hitting someone with Cocoon.
- Butterfly Shot, base damage increased from 65 to 70.
- Cocoon, cooldown increased from 9 to 10 seconds.
- Moon Nectar, price reduced from 200 to 175 solar.
- Storm Drum, DpS reduced from 50 to 45.
- Butterfly Nebula Dust, decreased slow from 20% to 15% per stage.
- Cat Pillar, price reduced from 215 to 185 solar.
- Misfortune Cookies, price reduced 215 to 185 solar.
- Hidden Leaves, price increased from 175 to 195 solar.
Gnaw[edit | edit source]
Gnaw was found quite strong, so some of his better upgrades have been toned down.
- Rabbit Teeth, speed up reduced from 37% to 30%.
- Rotten Teeth, increased price from 210 to 225 solar.
- Wild Growth, damage increase decreased from 29% to 25%.
- Wild Growth, price reduced from 175 to 165 solar.
- Filled teeth, lifesteal reduced from 25% to 22%.
- Diamond teeth, price reduced from 190 to 160 per stage.
- Chattering teeth, price reduced from 165 to 135 per stage.
Ix[edit | edit source]
Ix was not a reliable pick in most cases so he received some buffs. Radiate Bolt now pierces making his clear more reliable, but we had to tone down Crystal Crunch as a result (making it stronger on droid waves but weaker in 1v1). Overexposed Nature Photo is now a duration increase, giving Ix more time to plan a swap if picked up.The old range increase was often not picked. A possible game changer for Ix is that Refract no longer breaks an active bond, allowing counterplay against stunning attacks.
- Fixed that Robot Wrecking Ball would not trigger when Ix was inflicted by multiple damage sources.
- Robot Wrecking Ball, now scales with leveling.
- Radiate bolt, now pierces on base.
- Crystal Crunch, lifesteal decreased from 12 to 8 health per stage.
- Overexposed Nature Photo, replaced with 1 second duration increase.
- Psionic Bond, base heal over time increased from 180 to 225 over base duration.
- Broken Solar Tree, price reduced from 185 to 160 solar per stage.
- Refract, no longer breaks an active Psionic Bond.
Jimmy and the LUX5000[edit | edit source]
Jimmy/Amy’s had an easy time clearing droid waves with Missile Barrage so that has been toned down. Additionally, Robo Daddy and Robo Mommy’s shield was reduced as it allowed for often nearly risk free use of Missile Barrage even in a bad spot.
- Missile Barrage, damage vs droids reduced to 75%.
- Robo Daddy and Robo Mommy, shield reduced from 20% to 15% per stage.
Ksenia[edit | edit source]
Improved some underused upgrades for Ksenia.
- Scaled Mullet, now also triggers after killing an Awesomenaut.
- Fixed that when using Vanish against a wall while having bought Remembrance Machine would instantly break stealth.
- Remembrance machine, removed a stage, slow increased from 10% to 15% per stage, price increased from 140 to 165 per stage.
- Virtual Reality Dryer, price reduced from 190 to 165 solar.
Leon[edit | edit source]
Leon’s Surprise Party Mask upgrade was buffed to compete with other options. Tongue Stretcher made made Tongue Snatch’s displacement too potent so it was toned down.
- Surprise Party Mask, extra decloak damage increased from 51% to 58% per stage
- Chainsaw Addon, price reduced from 180 to 165 solar per stage.
- Tongue Stretcher, range increase reduced from +33% to +26%.
- Tongue Stretcher, price reduced from 155 to 135.
Lonestar[edit | edit source]
Melee nauts had a hard time dealing with Lonestar’s Hyper Bull because their melee attacks would often not connect, so the hitboxes have been tweaked.
- Hyper Bull, now knocks enemies back closer to the bull’s head, giving melee characters a better chance to hit it.
Max Focus[edit | edit source]
Max’s had little to no vertical escape options, so his vertical speed was increased. Slow-Mo shot received too many nerfs last hotfix, so the cast time was reverted to make up for that. Scene Illumination’s base range has been reduced, as players found the poke damage too easy to land, especially in combination with Brutalities of the Kraken unveiled.
- Vertical speed increased to make up for him not being able to fall like other nauts.
- Slow-Mo Shot, cast time reverted back from 0.5 to 0.3 seconds.
- Fixed an issue where Max would look into his movement direction instead of his aiming direction when charging Slo-Mo shot.
- Fixed that the Don Steward from the Frequent Show upgrade wouldn’t allow you to fire until the original cooldown was finished (even though the cooldown did change visually).
- Scene illumination, range decreased by 15%.
Nibbs[edit | edit source]
- Fixed an issue where a retreating Nibbs bot could become stuck coming from the jungle in Sorona.
Penny Fox[edit | edit source]
Penny received too many buffs last patch, which made her too strong. Two buffs have been reverted.
- Electric Bike Lock, damage decreased from 13% to 11% per stage.
- Cookie Monster Badge, damage per charge reduced from 10% to 8%.
- Cookie Monster Badge, price reduced from 230 to 220 solar.
Professor Yoolip[edit | edit source]
Yoolip’s Remote Controlled Whisk damage was too reliable so it was made a bit harder to get the full damage out on the opponent by increasing the Dot duration. Pancake 3D printer was made cheaper to make it a more interesting pick.
- Remote Controlled Whisk, damage over time duration increased from 3 to 4 seconds.
- Pancake 3D printer, price reduced from 160 to 120 per stage.
Raelynn[edit | edit source]
Raelynn’s Laserpointer blind was changed because it was too easy to blind players for long duration by just moving the mouse. Reduced the price of the underused Flashy Glasses.
- Laserpointer, blind duration now is 0.3 seconds on touching the laser and 1.5 seconds on hit.
- Flashy Glasses, reduced price from 200 to 170 solar.
Rocco[edit | edit source]
Rocco’s base HP was increased to improve his health scaling. Cutlet Frills Ghilly Suite now triggers more easily, making it slightly more reliable. Little Johnny’s stun duration was found too potent by players, due to the ability to safely trigger it over long distances (especially in combination with Badge and Gun). It was toned down as a result.
- Base HP increased from 1300 to 1350.
- Cutlet Frills Ghilly Suite, range decreased by 14%.
- Little Johnny, merged into one stage of 1s stun duration, price increased to 195 solar.
Scoop[edit | edit source]
Scoop’s Penguin Throne shield was often used as a burst counter which his kit does not need, therefore it was changed to a self-manageable damage increase after Bindings of Justice. Snow Shovel complemented Scoop’s sustain options too much and has been reduced as a result.
- Bindings of Justice, range is now visualised.
- Penguin Throne, now increases damage of Sword Strike by 50% for 4 slashes after triggering Bindings of Justice.
- Snow shovel, healing reduced from 115 to 90.
Sentry[edit | edit source]
Some price changes for Sentry upgrades to match their potency.
- Microfilm, increased price from 140 to 165 solar per stage.
- Disguise moustache, price reduced from 210 to 180 solar per stage.
Skølldir[edit | edit source]
Skølldir’s Crankin’ Dumbbells was buffed to compete with the other options on the row. Oily Spray On Bronze was found to potent in combination with Bash upgrades so it has been toned down (before you could finish two quick 3-hot combo’s, now you can complete one and the second one gets slower again just before the final punch).
- Crankin’ Dumbbells, cooldown reduction increased from 1 to 2 seconds per stage.
- Crankin’ Dumbbells, removed one stage and price increased from 150 to 200 solar.
- Oily Spray On Bronze, attack speed decreased from 75% to 60%.
Skree[edit | edit source]
Improved Skree’s underused Mask of Fear upgrade.
- Mask of Fear, increased effect trigger range by 25%.
- Mask of Fear, now also affects allied Awesomenauts.
Ted McPain[edit | edit source]
Ted’s underused Adlez Pricess Phonenumber price was reduced, allowing players to pick it up from the start. Players often did not want to swap weapons during Stimpack due to the time it wastes, so now it also increases weapon swap speed to mitigate that issue.
- Adlez Princess Phonenumber, price reduced from 190 to 150 solar.
- Stimpack, now increases weapon swap speed by 40%.
Vinnie & Spike[edit | edit source]
Vinnie & Spike were strong last patch, so two of their stronger upgrades were toned down.
- Red Bandana, weakening effect reduced from 30% to 25%.
- Rubber mask, health per target reduced from 45 to 40.
Voltar[edit | edit source]
Voltar’s burst options were considered too strong by players, so this has been toned down. In return Healbot received a bit more health and his movement acceleration was increased.
- Suicide Drones, increase cooldown between launching drones from 0.5 to 0.6 seconds.
- Movement acceleration increased by 25%.
- Healbot, base health increased from 200 to 250.
- Energy Drink, health increase reduced from 55% to 50%.
- Suicided Drones no longer count as droid kills in the scoreboard.
- Weaponised Hull, damage increase reduced from 19% to 15% per stage.
- Weaponised Hull, price increased from 145 to 160 solar.