In the next few weeks, your wiki will be migrated to a Fandom.com domain. Learn more here.
Patch 4.2 Fired Up (12 July 2017)
- 1 NEW Naut: Smiles
- 2 NEW skin: Pyromancer Smiles
- 3 NEW: added portraits
- 4 General
- 5 Achievements
- 6 Menus
- 7 Sound
- 8 Bots
- 9 Modding
- 10 Thanks
- 11 Ayla
- 12 Chucho Krokk
- 13 Deadlift
- 14 Derpl
- 15 Dizzy
- 16 Froggy G
- 17 Genji
- 18 Gnaw
- 19 Ix
- 20 Jimmy and the LUX5000
- 21 Leon
- 22 Max Focus
- 23 Nibbs
- 24 Penny Fox
- 25 Raelynn
- 26 Rocco
- 27 Sentry
- 28 Skølldir
- 29 Skree
- 30 Swiggins
- 31 Ted McPain
- 32 Vinnie & Spike
- 33 Voltar
- 34 Yuri
NEW Naut: Smiles[edit | edit source]
Skills[edit | edit source]
Trappers Hook: Throw out a hook that will drag enemy Awesomenauts towards you for a short duration. Tail Whip: Smack your enemies with your steel stail, knocking them away. Bush Fire: Use your flamethrower to burn everyone in a line.
Short backstory[edit | edit source]
After he and the other renegades escaped from prison, Smiles hid in the swamps on Ribbit II. With a background of tracking and capturing targets, he put his skills to good use. The unorthodox method of poaching swamp rodents with his flame thrower, resulted in heavily burned pelts and hides, but it turned out a great business success as the dark charred bags were an instant hit on the amphibian black market. One day an old friend knocked on his door with a plan of vengeance. Step 1: join the Awesomenauts!
NEW skin: Pyromancer Smiles[edit | edit source]
Some crocodiles just want to watch the world burn. Pyromancer Smiles won't settle for that. He has peered into the flames and had visions of him setting all of creation ablaze! He's left the (now scorched) swamps of Ribbit II on a quest to fulfill this dark destiny, and stowed away on the Awesomenauts vessel to visit distant worlds. What's left standing after a battle is incinerated by the Pyromancer, until only ash remains.
He's dark, he's angry, and he's armed with a flamethrower. Don't cross Pyromancer Smiles as he'll burn you to a crisp! The Flames command it!
NEW: added portraits[edit | edit source]
-Fire commander -Ice commander -Love commander -Team power -The collection -Hairy King
General[edit | edit source]
- The scoreboard now tracks damage done to the base together with the damage done to turrets.
- Opening the shop while having the scoreboard open will now open the shop and close the scoreboard, just as it was before 4.0.
- Fixed that sometimes after closing the Steam overlay and pressing enter to chat, it would register as a shift+enter instead, opening all chat instead of team chat.
- Fixed that if you moved the mouse very close to the centre of Coco and used her AA, her arms would extend in a different direction than her attack.
- There is a new, more streamlined tutorial flow for new players.
- Fixed that running on 1280x1024 or using the Screen Adjustment feature would cut off parts of the in-game HUD.
- Steam IDs are no longer logged while in character select, fixing that players could figure out who they were going to play against before the match actually started.
- Fixed that practice games could be joined via chat, for a short period.
- Fixed that banned players wouldn’t get a ‘cancelled’ notification when trying to queue
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Fixed that (some) counters for achievements would not update for some players.
- Fixed that the Slowwolf announcer would not be granted to a player that got the “Welcome back!” achievement in a beta.
Menus[edit | edit source]
- Fixed that League 1 didn't exist for some older seasons in the leaderboad history.
- Depth issue fix for character icons in menus on Mac.
- Fixed that it was possible to get stuck in a state where all buttons in the Play menu are locked after trying to join a custom game of which the last slot was just taken by another player.
- Fixed an issue where clicking multiple times on a character profile picture in a lobby would result in an endless growing tooltip.
- The tooltip about the items that you can buy now correctly states level 3 instead of level 4 at which you have unlocked all items.
Sound[edit | edit source]
- Optimised all sounds to use less space on disk and in memory and to load a bit quicker.
- The “test voice” button in the Armory now correctly plays voice lines of premium skins.
- Announcer voices and player-triggered character voices are now better audible.
Bots[edit | edit source]
- Updated Veanko’s Leon, Lonestar, Raelynn, Gnaw, Skree, Clunk and Ayla bots
Modding[edit | edit source]
- Added a new option to AffectAreas to change a player’s team. This can for example be used to make mods where six players are in a single team or where you need to switch team during the mod. It is also possible to play local versus this way if only one of the local players switches team. This is an experimental feature that probably has a lot of issues, use at your own risk. For example, the deathtimers are disabled once this is used and switching to a team that doesn’t have graphics for the current class produces broken graphics (like a neutral team Lonestar).
- Added an option to Button to only react to a specific character class.
- Added automatic backup to the map editor (once every two minutes and when exiting the editing session).
- Added an option to the AIDebugger (the F4 editor) to view detailed events about character gameplay. There is also an option to filter these events and to show them only for the selected character.
- Fixed a crash when using the WriteToTextbox AI block in combination with zero respawn time or switchClass/switchTeam.
- Fixed that actions and conditions weren’t sorted alphabetically in the BehaviourCreator tool.
- Fixed that AffectAreas, JumpPads and Shops didn’t become invisible in the editor when the “Gameplay objects” group was hidden.
Thanks[edit | edit source]
For almost all of our updates since launch we’ve received extensive help from the community to discuss and point out balance issues and bugs. As always, we’re grateful for your input and we would hereby like to start highlighting community members for their efforts.
For this update in particular we say thanks to community members Gameinsky, Doppelganger, Sam! And Wakkabanana for their input, active Discord presence and willingness to provide input upon a wide range of balance topics.
Ayla[edit | edit source]
Make it harder for Ayla to endlessly chase a single enemy in Rage mode, while keeping her teamfighting ability about the same. Also, fix a bug where 0 and 1 enemy target added the same amount of shielding.
- Rage, base shielding values changed from 15%>15%>20%>25%>30% to 7%>14%>21%>28%>35%
- Rage, self damage increased from 33 to 40.
- Base Health, increased from 1350 to 1400.
- Rip-Apart Bear upgrade, self damage reduction increased from 18% to 25%per stage.
Bring an overbuffed upgrade back down a little
- Jail Food upgrade, reduced damage over time from 135 to 120 per stage.
Boost Ayla’s earlygame, and reduce her reliance on Angry Drawings
- Rage, base DPS increased from 252 to 276.
- Angry Drawings upgrade, damage increase reduced from 17% to 11%.
Chucho Krokk[edit | edit source]
- One Armed Chameleon upgrade, bonus damage reduced from 90 to 85.
- Nitro Muffler upgrade, damage over time reduced from 180 to 170 per stage.
Deadlift[edit | edit source]
- Iron Slam, the hud icon now indicates which punch will be next.
- Tweaked Bullbarian shield sounds.
Derpl[edit | edit source]
- Cat shot, base damage increased from 85 to 90.
- Fatcat upgrade, no longer affected by Longcat.
- Gave Derpl’s cats a moving tail for a better visual effect and feel.
Dizzy[edit | edit source]
- Explosive Clone, arming time reduced from 1s to 0.9s.
- Torn D-Shirt upgrade, now only affects Awesomenauts.
- Golden G Necklace upgrade, after arming the Explosive Clone it stays in place for 1s until an enemy touches it.
- Removed a voiceline in which Dizzy said Froggy is her nephew, while he is her cousin.
Froggy G[edit | edit source]
Changes to make Frog a bit more safe while also reducing all or nothing potency with landing his whirlwind.
- Base health increased from 1150 to 1200.
- Dash, base damage increased from 250 to 280.
- Ice Cubes upgrade, slow per stage reduced from 15% to 12%, price reduced from 150 to 140.
- Clock Necklace upgrade, heal over time reduced from 140 to 120.
- Boombox upgrade, damage increase reduced from 16% to 13% per stage.
Genji[edit | edit source]
- Baby Kuri Mammoth now affects cocoon.
- Butterfly shot, fixed that returning projectile now also does 65 at base.
- Wool Shawl upgrade, range increase reduced from 40% to 30%.
Slightly reduce the AA heal, but make stack with Praying Beads, Stormdrum and Space Hippo
- Caterpillar King statue upgrade, now adds ally heal to all Butterfly Shot damage output, 20% per stage.
- The Cat Pillar upgrade, heal amount reduced from 125 to 115 per stage.
Gnaw[edit | edit source]
- Feather Ball upgrade, now adds a 3rd spit projectile.
- Fertilizer upgrade, now increases Weedling health by 20% and health regeneration by 50%.
Ix[edit | edit source]
- Salt Miner upgrade, damage per tick reduced from 18 to 16 per stage.
Jimmy and the LUX5000[edit | edit source]
- Micey the Mech Pilot upgrade, price increased from 125 to 150 solar.
- Micey and the Missile Factory upgrade, price reduced from 215 to 200 solar.
- Flip Arm Add-on, damage reduced from 13% to 11% per stage.
Leon[edit | edit source]
- Steel False Teeth upgrade, now gives Leon a shield that reduces 20% of incoming damage for 2 seconds when successfully landing tongue.
Max Focus[edit | edit source]
- Galactic Police Scanner upgrade, damage increase reduced from 30% to 27%, price increased from 155 to 180.
- Brutalities of the Kraken unveiled! upgrade, fixed the issue where the last bullet would sometimes not spawn.
- Brutalities of the Kraken unveiled! upgrade, damage decreased from 150 to 120.
- Hairy King upgrade, size increased reduced from +15% to +10%
Nibbs[edit | edit source]
- Eternal Flame upgrade, fixed issue that Starstorm Statue had no effect upon the fireballs.
- Red Sneakers upgrade, price reduced from 155 to 140, speed increase increased from 5% to 8%.
- Sunscreen Mouthwash upgrade, speed increase reduced from 100% to 75%.
Penny Fox[edit | edit source]
- Sentient Rock upgrade, silence duration reduced from 0.3s to 0.25s per charge.
- Chicken in a Lunch Box upgrade, amplified damage increase reduced from 15% to 12%.
Raelynn[edit | edit source]
- Base attack, speed penalty for shooting reduced by 25%.
Rocco[edit | edit source]
- Vengeance, cooldown reduced from 20 to 16 seconds.
- Cockfight Spurs upgrade, price reduced from 200 to 180 solar per stage.
- Chicken Grill upgrade, price reduced from 185 to 175 solar.
Sentry[edit | edit source]
- Base movement, speed and acceleration increase by 5%.
- Black Hole Sun, cooldown increased from 10s to 11s.
- Bug Detector upgrade, now deals 200 damage over 4s when the shield hits an enemy.
- Night Vision Spywatch upgrade, movement speed increase reduced from 50% to 30%.
- Circuits of time upgrade, now requires 2s arming time before the clone explodes.
- Circuits of time upgrade, damage increased from 125 to 150.
- Circuits of time upgrade, clone health increased from 100 to 250.
- Not-So-Serious Tank upgrade, damage increase increased from 12% to 14%.
- Hacking Satellite upgrade, merged into single stage upgrade, reduces cooldown by 3s for 200 solar.
- Cyanide Cigarettes upgrade, price reduced from 185 to 170 solar per stage.
- Yellow King Pages upgrade, price reduced from 205 to 190 solar per stage.
Skølldir[edit | edit source]
- Homeless Gnome upgrade, fixed an issue where the Gnome would just dissipate if thrown too far.
Skree[edit | edit source]
- Fixed the issue where the second stage of Voodoo Doll unintentionally added another second of slow.
- Magic Sunballs upgrade, extra targets reduced from 3 to 2, price reduced from 250 to 220.
Swiggins[edit | edit source]
- Ancient Octants upgrade, stun no longer applies to the whole area.
- Pneumatic Spoon upgrade, break damage increase reduced from 100 to 90 per stage.
- Bovinian Skimmed Milk upgrade, damage amplification reduced from 15% to 12%.
Ted McPain[edit | edit source]
Slight nerf to an upgrade which pushes Ted a little over the top.
- Commando Ted Figurine upgrade, damage increase reduced from 17 to 15% per stage for Machine gun, 13% to 11% for shotgun.
Vinnie & Spike[edit | edit source]
- Antique Machinegun upgrade, silence duration reduced from 1.5s to 1s.
- Yakoiza upgrade, extra damage reduced from 71% to 62%.
Voltar[edit | edit source]
- Bombshell upgrade, damage reduced from 300 to 280, price increased from 130 to 150 per stage.
- Warpgate Overdrive upgrade, cooldown reduction increased from -1.5s to -1s.
Yuri[edit | edit source]
Some quality of life mobility improvements to help Yuri, as over time some other characters have become faster as well.
- Air acceleration increased by 10%.
- Ground acceleration increased by 25%.
- Flight, initial jump increased by 15%.
- Falling, allow Yuri to keep falling through glass platforms when Jetpack is off, by pressing down.