Patch 4.5 Revenge of the Renegades (6 December 2017)
- 1 NEW character: Qi’Tara
- 2 NEW skin: Dark Masquerade Qi’Tara
- 3 NEW: Renegade Command Announcer
- 4 NEW: Awesomenauts Starter pack
- 5 NEW: Character Bundles
- 6 Profile Portraits
- 7 NEW: Animation editor
- 8 Behaviour editor
- 9 General
- 10 Aiguillon
- 11 Commander Rocket
- 12 Dizzy
- 13 Froggy G
- 14 Ix
- 15 Nibbs
- 16 Max Focus
- 17 Penny Fox
- 18 Ted McPain
- 19 Skree
- 20 Vinnie & Spike
NEW character: Qi’Tara[edit | edit source]
Being a Chilasi princess, it surprised everyone when Qi’Tara joined the Scargi military. After all, the Chilasi of Gromdom and the snail-like Scargi had been at war for decades in an attempt to settle an ancient dispute: whether the Splumbs that grow in the many gardens on their planet are a fruit, or whether they’re in fact a vegetable, as the Scargi maintained. Despite all that, she quickly rose through the ranks to become a royal guard in the Order of the Scargi Emperor and attained the title of Femme Fatale Haricot Beurre. Some say she seduced the Scargi emperor to provoke her father, the king, while others say she just did it to access the Scargi Shplumb reserves.
Abilities:[edit | edit source]
Poisonous Blades: Slash and inflict a stacking poison onto your enemies. Seven Star Strike: Temporarily gain the ability to slash rapidly around you. Chakram Shift: Throw out a Chakram that sticks to your enemies and warp to it with a second press.
NEW skin: Dark Masquerade Qi’Tara[edit | edit source]
Serving as a member of the Order of the Scargi Emperor, Qi'Tara sometimes has to go undercover and blend into the crowd to protect Emperor Piere Feu Darret. Being a Chilasi (and armed to the teeth), that's rarely an easy feat. As a result, these tasks are usually left to other members of her Order when opportunities alow.
Once a year though, during the national Splumb Carnival, Qi'Tara mingles with the splumb-covered, masked partygoers - marvelling many with what they think is an elaborate Chilasi-costume. The only ones that find out she's not just PRETENDING to be a heavily armed Chilasi warrior are the would-be assassins she encounters.
For Qi'Tara the Splumb Carnival is the best day of the year as it allows her to indulge into her two favorite things: splumbs and murder.
The Dark Masquerade Qi’Tara skin comes equipped with a fully customized voice set, and owning the skin will unlock a special portrait for use in-game.
NEW: Renegade Command Announcer[edit | edit source]
You've got the plan. You've got the weapons. You've got the explosives. You might even have an inside man to get you through the front door and into the facility. But none of that makes you a Renegade. For that, you need style. And a narrator. Let the Renegade Command announcer turn every mission you go on into something special.
NEW: Awesomenauts Starter pack[edit | edit source]
To help new players get started with Awesomenauts, we’re introducing a brand new Starter Pack. This bundle contains eight accessible characters that highlight various roles and playstyles, and is sure to contain a great line-up for players looking dive deeper into everything Awesomenauts has to offer.
Already own one or more of the characters included in this pack? Don't worry! We'll give you the in-game Awesomepoint value for any of the characters you already own, giving you a jumpstart to unlocking other Awesomenauts.
NEW: Character Bundles[edit | edit source]
To help players obtain skins and relevant announcers for their favorite characters, we’re now offering Complete-the-set bundles on Steam that allow players to obtain content at a discount. Check out the armory to learn more about the bundles we have available!
Profile Portraits[edit | edit source]
Step right up! Look at that! Dobl Dicey Time-lost Slipper Rocket toaster
NEW: Animation editor[edit | edit source]
Added the animation editor to the modding tools!
- While modding a map you can now open the animation editor with F3.
- Just like normal animations, modded animations can be used in maps and can be triggered by AI.
- The animation editor features a timeline, parenting and keyframes to create more complex animations. -Through the animation editor you can also put sounds, text and rumble in your levels.
- At the moment you can’t add custom sounds so you need to use the sounds that are already in the game.
- At the moment you can only add newlines and special characters to Text objects by pasting them from Notepad, since the text field won’t accept them directly.
- Due to memory constraints voices are only played if the character/skin/announcer is actually in the match, so for example you can’t use Lonestar’s voice in a mod if there’s no Lonestar in the match. This only goes for voices: sound effects can always be played.
Behaviour editor[edit | edit source]
- When reloading ai’s it will also respawn the selected character. This makes testing of behaviour changes easier.
- New behaviour option: isTargetInRangeOfSKill. This will check if the behaviour target is in range of a specific skill.
- A number of game variables are now directly available inside the behaviour editor. The list is mentioned in the help popup of the behaviour editor. The current variables are: character.width, character.height, character.maxHealth, character.position.x, character.position.y
- Area search blocks have two extra parameters to align the search area against the character. These settings are: ‘horizontal alignment to character’ and ‘vertical alignment to character’.
General[edit | edit source]
- Skill aiming visuals are now correct when aiming behind you.
- Added a team-switch area to the Test Map.
- Commander Rocket is now available at 7500 Awesomepoints.
Aiguillon[edit | edit source]
Further lowered the platform in the hiding area in front of the turret in order to make jumping onto more consistently possible.
Commander Rocket[edit | edit source]
- Rocket Launch, fixed that the ability could be used to move while snared.
- Mother of Bombs, fixed that the nuke bug reduction to the long-distance rocket was still 33% instead of 30%.
- Nuke Bug, fixed that it wouldn't activate until 0.2 seconds after Rocket was alive.
Dizzy[edit | edit source]
- Fake band aid, fixed that it sometimes didn't give a dash.
Froggy G[edit | edit source]
- Fixed that there was one item missing to his recommended build.
Ix[edit | edit source]
- Displace, fixed that displacing a bot before the doors open would lock the bot in place for the rest of the match.
Nibbs[edit | edit source]
- Firebreath, fixed that after being cocooned by Genji during firebreath she wouldn't resume after the cocoon wore off.
Max Focus[edit | edit source]
- Brutalities of the Kraken Unveiled!, fixed that the bullet would still come out even when Max is stunned during Scene Illumination.
- Brutalities of the Kraken Unveiled!, fixed that the bullet would always face the direction at which the Scene Illumination was started.
- Walm Krunkbite, fixed that the upgrade didn’t do anything.
Penny Fox[edit | edit source]
- Fixed an issue where the charge meter didn’t display the correct values.
Ted McPain[edit | edit source]
- Airstrike, fixed that the airstrike wouldn't trigger when holding it down while switching to shotgun.
- Airstrike, fixed that airstrike showed visual pre aim even when the option is disabled.
Skree[edit | edit source]
- Spare blade, fixed that the spare blade would deal 1 damage after Starstorm Statue was bought.
- Steeldrum, fixed that the damage upgrade was applied separate from the base damage, resulting in two separate damage numbers.
Vinnie & Spike[edit | edit source]
- Dead seahorse head, fixed an issue where it was no longer possible to dash through glass platforms when using this upgrade.