Penny Fox/Tips & Tactics
Playing As:[edit | edit source]
- Charges can be gained by hitting enemies with Claw or by returning to the Shop area.
- Always keep an eye on your charge count (see below) and plan accordingly. Your skills become more powerful if you spend more charges.
- Grey Man Group Badge may give you 5 charges, but Pounce and Energy Pulse only use up to 4 of them.
- Energy Pulse can pierce through everything, terrain included.
- Both Zurian Mechanic and Grey Man Group Badge allow Penny to keep an extra charge with her, making it easier to chain more effective combos.
- Spiderbird Collector Badge and Death Lens shots can bounce off of terrain.
- Using Spiderbird Collector Badge can grant you an easier time when dealing with 'nauts that are too dangerous to engage in close combat, such as Clunk or Skølldir.
- The amplify damage effect from Energy Pulse causes targets to take extra damage from all sources, not just your attacks. Use it in conjunction with your team.
- Using Pounce towards enemies in a way that they are knocked towards the floor will greatly help Penny in keeping up with then, at the cost of less knockback.
- Alternatively, consider pouncing on enemies so that they fly towards your own teammates to more easily get kills.
- Combine Death Lens with Heartshaped Net for a powerful ranged damage combo. Herring Snack Badge makes this strategy even more effective.
Playing With:[edit | edit source]
- Wait for Penny's Energy Pulse to land on enemies, so that you may benefit from its damage amplifying effect.
- Coordinate with Penny so that when she pounces enemies into your team, you are ready to follow it up for a kill.
- If you can spare it, let Penny get creeps and droids to replenish her charges.
Playing Against:[edit | edit source]
- You can tell if Penny has a ranged attack from Death Lens/Spiderbird Collector Badge ready: She'll be pointing her gun in her animation.
- Use crowd control effects that affect movement to counter Penny's great speed and vertical mobility.
- Be careful not to overextend against Penny and get knocked into the enemy team.
- If affected by the amplify damage from Energy Pulse it may be better to stay a safer distance from your enemies until the debuff wears off.
- The best moment to approach Penny is when she has no charges available, but beware as it is easy for her to regain them.
- If you can bait Energy Pulse, Penny will lose a large portion of her damage, the amplify debuff and most/all her charges. Take advantage of the slight firing delay and slow speed of the projectile.