Skølldir/Tips & Tactics
Playing As:[edit | edit source]
- When playing as Skølldir, learning to time your 3rd punch is vital, as some of the Bash upgrades will only affect it.
- When combined with Axethrowing Trophy, Homeless Gnome can a useful harassing tool. With some skill and practice, it can even be used to finish off fleeing enemies.
- When using Perfumed White Flowers, try to kill creeps with the 3rd hit from bash so you can recover more health than you normally would.
- Skølldir may use Earthquake from a high place to quickly "drop" in front of enemies, often surprising them.
- If you see an enemy jumping, try timing your Earthquake so it hits them on their way down.
- With the right upgrades, Skølldir can make his Earthquake very hard to avoid. Stolen Couch, Stone Twins and Small Volcano all help him accomplish that.
- Every one of Skølldir's abilities have at least one form of crowd control available. WIth the right build he can become a powerful disruptor.
- Homeless Gnome can be useful to attack turrets or the Solar drill from a safe distance, making it a somewhat useful weapon against structures.
- Fistbump tends to be more effective if you time your punches so that you never get the 3rd hit off. Try to use only the first two to better destroy enemy projectiles.
Playing With:[edit | edit source]
- Skølldir has a variety of Crowd Control effects at his disposal. Be sure to work alongside him to take advantage of it.
- Skølldir is not the strongest 'naut when it comes to pushing. You may want a 'naut that excels at that to compensate for this weakness.
Playing Against:[edit | edit source]
- Skølldir is a very dangerous 'naut at close range. Try poking him if you have more range than him or use some form of crowd control before approaching him.
- A Skølldir that uses Perfumed White Flowers can be very hard to bring down, specially when paired with Med-i'-can, Power Pills Turbo and Oily Spray on Bronze. Avoid the 3rd hit from bash at all costs.
- Possibly the best way to deal with a Skølldir is to be above or below him, as he has trouble dealing with enemies in a different vertical plane. Characters like Lonestar and Vinnie & Spike are good examples of 'nauts that can do this. If the map has a lot of open areas (like Sorona) Skølldir may have an even harder time.
- Some Skølldirs prefer to delay Earthquake in favor of Mighty Throw and Bash upgrades. They can have trouble defending their turrets from many droids at once in this case. Upgrades such as the T-800 Dome and The Last Pieridae Transformae may make defending the turret even harder.
- Baby Kuri Mammoth will reduce the range of Mighty Throw by a considerable amount.