Vinnie & Spike
|Movement Speed:||5.71206 x1.5(Airborne)|
|Attack Type:||Medium Range|
|Vinnie & Spike ||Difficulty: Intermediate |
Development Name: Bird
|Type of abilities: Area of Effect, Blind, Flight, Healing, Invisibility, Lifesteal, Silence||Release Date: December 18th, 2012|
Vinnie and Spike are notorious partners in crime and BFF's. Spike is the muscle of the team and a bit of a silent guy, he loves late night krab burgers.
Vinnie is quite the hothead, leaving Spike to do the heavy lifting while he plots out the next heist. With a pack full of restraining orders this little plankton devil is not to be messed with. They are wanted on numerous planets including their homeplanet Okeanos where the largest crime syndicate Shisu has put a reward on their head for stealing the Kullinan Koi, the biggest golden Koi ever known to fish and worth 4.8 Billion Solar.
Unfortunately the duo lost the Koi somewhere in the Atlantic ocean while fleeing from Interpool.
Being a pufferfish, Spike can gasp for air and float up, flapping his fins to move around. He is always ready for a fast getaway and can dash out of combat, leaving a smokebomb behind to fool his enemies, while both Vinnie and Spike run with the loot.
Voice actor: John "Totalbiscuit" Bain
▶️"Meet my fishy friend!"
▶️"Don't get smart with me, see?"
▶️"Myah, see? Myah! That's right, myah!"
▶️"You crummy flat-footed copper, nyah!"
▶️"Yous gonna be sleeping with the fishes, see?"
▶️"I'm gonna take this mutt for a ride!"
▶️"I'm gonna tear ya to ribbons and mow ya down, see?"
▶️"I'm gonna fit 'em for some new shoes, see? Concrete shoes, nyah!"
▶️"Don't let the coppers get me!"
▶️"Where's my backup?!"
▶️"I need some muscle over here, nyah!"
▶️"Call in the boys!"
▶️"Attack, that's right!"
▶️"Roll back, nyah!"
▶️"They're onto us!"
▶️"We're gonna give 'em the slip!"
▶️"Never gonna catch me, see?"
▶️"Never gonna catch me, coppers, see?"
▶️"Be right back, gonna stash my dough."
▶️"Who says crime doesn't pay, myah?!"
▶️"I thought I was the robber here!"
▶️"Hand over the loot!"
▶️"They're robbing me blind, see?"
▶️"Meet my fishy friend!"
▶️"I'm in the robbin' banks business, see?"
▶️"I'm the biggest fish in this town! Myah!"
▶️"It's my way or nothing, myah!"
▶️"I'm too big for anyone to handle, see?"
▶️"We're hitting town today, see? And it ain't gonna be pretty..."
Drop Pod In
▶️"Morning gentlemen, nice day for a heist, see? Myah..."
▶️"It's my way or nothing, myah!"
▶️"I'm too big for anyone to handle, see?"
▶️"We're hitting town today, see? And it 'aint gonna be pretty..."
▶️"I'm in the robbin' banks business, see?"
▶️"Ok wise guy, where's all my dough?"
▶️"It's curtains for you pal, curtain!"
▶️"That'll teach you to get ideas, nyaeh."
▶️"Vinnie's a little too smart for you, myah!"
▶️"Thought you could pull a fast one on me, huh?"
▶️"Nyah, we just rubbed you out, see?"
▶️"There's no messin' with Vinnie, see?"
▶️"They'll be reading about this on the newsreel."
▶️"That'll teach you to mess with a big fish!"
▶️"I'm calling the shots!"
▶️"I'm the biggest fish in this town, myah!"
▶️"They got me, heyrrrgh..."
▶️"See you in hell, copper! Nyehheehh..."
▶️"Nyeh, heh, nihaw..."
▶️"Heyngh heh heyh heh..."
▶️"Eengh, gnaa, gnaw..."
Using Spike Dive
Using Smoke Screen
▶️"Take this, copper!"
▶️"How do you like that, boys?"
▶️"Get a load of this, sucker!"
Nauts In-Game Look
Cap'n Vinnie & Seadog Spike
"You knew there was gonna be some sort of pirate-skin at some point, right? Chatting in piratespeech will never be more appropriate than when you rock this baby during an Awesomenauts match. All Yo Ho's, plank-walking references, plundering references and buried treasure references will be 74,2% funnier (and totally non-cliche) if you are manly enough to tread the interstellar battlefields as Cap'n Vinnie & Seadog Spike." - Official Steam Store Description
This skin gives Vinnie the clothes of a stereotypical pirate, with a large hat and a fake red beard. Spike becomes transparent and ghostly, and his pupils disappear.
They leave a trail of fishbones when they move instead of the traditional dollar bills, all bubbles fired from the Bubble Gun gain the same ghostly color as Spike. New team-colored glow effects are added to Spike Dive.
Cynical Vinnie & Total Spike
"Being part of the Royal British Digital Society of Well-Mannered Gentlemen, Cynical Vinnie and Total Spike have donned their finest attire just to treat you to their deadly fish and chips. Huzzah!" - Official Steam Store Description
This skin is based on Vinnie & Spike's voice actor TotalBiscuit and therefore has several references to him and to the United Kingdom. Vinnie Wears a top hat, while Spike has a mustache and wears a suit, a bowler hat and a monocle. He also has soundboxes on his back and a microphone which stays in front of Vinnie. Finally, Spike also has an upside-down Union Jack on his back.
The dollar bill trail they leave behind is replaced by a trail of french fries and he plays music when using Smokescreen. If Mammoth Sock with Holes is purchased, the question mark normally seen on the cloud is replaced by the "WTF" logo from TotalBiscuit's "WTF is..." series. Spike Dive and Bubble Gun are unaltered.
- Vinnie's concept changed quite a bit during development. He was first designed as a bird, then as a tiny alien in a UFO and finally as the plankton/blowfish criminal duo currently in the game.
- Vinnie's voice and peculiar way of talking are based on Edward G. Robinson, an american actor famous for his role in gangster movies.
- Despite having the largest amount of selected entries in the Awesomenauts Create-A-Skin contest, Vinnie didn't win the competition, being outvoted by Grim Genji, Leon Legionnaire and Jotunn Skølldir.
- The Cynical Vinnie & Total Spike skin is based off of his voice actor: TotalBiscuit.
- 2013-11-05 17:37:56 Leon Chameleon/Builds/Zombie Leon
- 2013-09-24 16:02:30 Yuri
- 2013-09-16 19:59:10 Coco Tactics
- 2013-09-13 04:00:23 Froggy G/Builds/Rappin' and slappin'
- 2013-07-28 20:03:50 Sheriff Lonestar/Builds/Wrangler
- 2013-07-23 16:18:30 Vinnie & Spike/Builds/pocket full of solar
- 2013-07-03 16:39:32 Vinnie & Spike/Builds/Spike Dive Assassin
- 2013-07-01 13:26:26 Skølldir/Builds/Superpowered Punches
- 2013-06-30 20:10:47 Gnaw/Builds/(updated) Super Killing Gnaw
- 2013-06-30 01:32:31 Sheriff Lonestar/Builds/Hard to kill lonestar
- 2013-06-30 01:30:22 Sheriff Lonestar/Builds/Name of Guide
- 2013-06-22 18:10:33 Raelynn/Builds/Tricks and Tips~
- 2013-06-21 08:51:47 Ayla/Builds/Hit'n'run
- 2013-06-19 18:54:38 Ayla/Builds/Rage Bomb Ayla
- 2013-06-16 23:51:53 Yuri/Builds/All Mine
- 2013-06-11 02:52:29 Sheriff Lonestar/Builds/Destroyer
- 2013-06-10 16:35:27 Skølldir/Builds/Tankdir - Health through Punching!
- 2013-06-10 12:05:29 Leon Chameleon/Builds/Beginners guide to Leon
- 2013-06-10 06:24:47 Voltar the Omniscient/Builds/Pocket Voltar - A Medic's Guide to the Universe
- 2013-06-10 06:24:07 Voltar the Omniscient/Builds/Offensive Build
- 2013-06-10 06:23:28 Voltar the Omniscient/Builds/Exponential Growth Voltar
- 2013-06-10 06:22:50 Vinnie & Spike/Builds/Pepinos
- 2013-06-10 06:22:32 Vinnie & Spike/Builds/Dive, Dash, Death
- 2013-06-10 06:22:22 Vinnie & Spike/Builds/Stealth and kill.
- 2013-06-10 06:21:30 Skølldir/Builds/Gnome Loses Home in Tragic Earthquake
- 2013-06-10 06:20:17 Sheriff Lonestar/Builds/Beginner Build
- 2013-06-10 06:19:14 Raelynn/Builds/Time Rift Focused
- 2013-06-10 06:18:19 Raelynn/Builds/Blaster-Pusher
- 2013-06-10 06:17:38 Raelynn/Builds/LHC Raelynn, Burst and Domination.
- 2013-06-10 06:17:02 Raelynn/Builds/Mileanhour's guide
- 2013-06-10 06:16:22 Raelynn/Builds/Chargin' Raelynn - Don't Run, You'll Die Tired!
- 2013-06-10 06:15:51 Raelynn/Builds/Raelynn Sniper Extraordinaire
- 2013-06-10 06:15:38 Raelynn/Builds/This is my Rifle
- 2013-06-10 06:13:41 Leon Chameleon/Builds/Relentless Chrono Assault
- 2013-06-10 06:13:27 Leon Chameleon/Builds/Sword Time Warp
- 2013-06-10 06:13:08 Leon Chameleon/Builds/Never Ending Attack
- 2013-06-10 06:12:45 Leon Chameleon/Builds/No Escape
- 2013-06-10 06:12:26 Leon Chameleon/Builds/Feel The Sharpness of This Blade!
- 2013-06-10 06:10:44 Gnaw/Builds/Aggressive Gnaw
- 2013-06-10 06:10:34 Gnaw/Builds/Upclose and personal gnaw
- 2013-06-10 06:10:22 Gnaw/Builds/Destroy Melee Gnaw
- 2013-06-10 06:10:13 Gnaw/Builds/Super Killing Gnaw
- 2013-06-10 06:09:31 Genji the Pollen Prophet/Builds/Genji the Pollen Prophet/Builds/Storm Support
- 2013-06-10 06:07:55 Froggy G/Builds/Shotgun Splasher
- 2013-06-10 06:07:23 Froggy G/Builds/Invincible
- 2013-06-10 06:06:38 Derpl Zork/Builds/Sniper-Cat
- 2013-06-10 06:06:07 Derpl Zork/Builds/Siege Crazy
- 2013-06-10 06:05:26 Derpl Zork/Builds/Fast killing with Turret
- 2013-06-10 05:54:00 Clunk/Builds/Explode 'N' Snare
- 2013-06-10 05:50:49 Coco Nebulon/Builds/Aggressive Coco
- 2013-06-09 01:04:36 Vinnie & Spike/Builds/Name of Guide
- 2013-06-09 01:03:23 Vinnie & Spike/Builds/The Vinnie & Spike guide to robbin' banks properly, see?
- 2013-06-07 16:13:17 Vinnie & Spike/Builds/Lost In the Mist/Ambush
- 2013-06-03 20:18:06 Yuri/Builds
- 2013-05-25 07:06:57 Clunk/Builds/Tank
- 2013-05-16 15:13:24 Sheriff Lonestar/Builds/Puddingskin's Lonestar Build; Dynamite Based
- 2013-05-13 16:45:13 Coco Nebulon/Builds/Puddingskin's Coco Build; TUBE-YOU-LAR!
- 2013-05-10 19:08:41 Clunk/Builds/Flexible Clunk
- 2013-05-10 14:47:37 Raelynn/Builds/Puddingskins Ultimate Raelynn Build
- 2013-05-02 19:23:06 Vinnie & Spike/Builds/Nyah! 2.1
- 2013-05-02 19:10:41 Vinnie & Spike/Builds/Delicious Solar
- 2013-04-30 06:15:22 Leon Chameleon/Builds/Leon Chameleon/Builds/Puppet Master
- 2013-04-12 22:33:56 Vinnie & Spike/Builds/Double Dash Takedown
- 2013-04-03 18:53:45 Leon Chameleon/Builds/Neverending killing spree
- 2013-03-21 14:56:25 Clunk/Builds/Explode Spam Clunk
- 2013-03-18 02:15:12 Genji the Pollen Prophet/Builds/Genji the Pollen Prophet/You'll Never Escape
- 2013-03-15 16:23:19 Genji the Pollen Prophet/Builds/You'll Never Escape
- 2013-03-15 16:22:16 Genji the Pollen Prophet/Builds/Name of Guide
- 2013-03-05 20:53:24 Genji the Pollen Prophet/Builds/Genji the Pollen Executioner
- 2013-03-05 00:09:57 Genji the Pollen Prophet/Builds/Come At Me Bro!/ No Escape
- 2013-02-12 21:15:03 Clunk/Builds/The Sapper
- 2013-02-02 21:12:17 Raelynn/Builds/Noobnauts- Raelynn
- 2013-01-13 19:05:24 Raelynn/Builds/360 SlowScope
- 2013-01-10 10:37:56 Skølldir/Builds/They Can't Run If You Stun
- 2013-01-08 21:48:41 Coco Nebulon/Builds/Coco's Turret Downer Build
- 2012-12-26 17:22:58 Skølldir/Builds/MvPlayer w/ Mutton
- 2012-12-24 23:46:46 Skølldir/Builds/Name of Gvinnie spikeuide
- 2012-12-22 14:04:26 Skølldir/Builds/It's an all-you-can-FIST buffet!
- 2012-12-01 19:55:27 Raelynn/Builds/Raelynn Time Rift CC Build
- 2012-11-28 05:21:01 Raelynn/Builds/Turret Pushing Build
- 2012-11-28 04:34:40 Raelynn/Builds/Monkey's Paw Aggression
- 2012-11-27 20:54:14 Raelynn/Builds/One shot, One Kill
- 2012-11-27 19:51:04 Raelynn/Builds/Damage whopper
- 2012-11-27 00:06:23 Raelynn/Builds/Harasser Raelynn
- 2012-11-26 01:12:29 Raelynn/Builds/Brawler Raelynn
- 2012-11-25 23:16:14 Raelynn/Builds/Siege Mode
- 2012-11-25 17:26:31 Raelynn/Builds/Who wants a cuddle?
- 2012-11-25 13:39:58 Raelynn/Builds/Time Rift + Blaster Build
- 2012-11-25 04:20:24 Raelynn/Builds/Offensive Support
- 2012-11-21 21:20:36 Voltar the Omniscient/Builds/Supportive Build
- 2012-11-21 07:47:04 Raelynn/Builds/Speed Farming
- 2012-11-21 03:49:43 Voltar the Omniscient/Builds/Moneybags build
- 2012-11-20 21:38:19 Coco Nebulon/Builds/Vampiric Coco
- 2012-10-26 23:25:40 Gnaw/Builds/General Gnaw
- 2012-10-26 23:07:33 Yuri/Builds/Team-Based Support
- 2012-10-26 23:06:30 Yuri/Builds/Laser Focused
- 2012-10-26 23:05:51 Yuri/Builds/Minespam Yuri
- 2012-10-26 22:27:14 Sheriff Lonestar/Builds/Endgame Build
- 2012-10-26 22:23:04 Leon Chameleon/Builds/Assassin Sword Spank
- 2012-10-26 22:20:36 Froggy G/Builds/Angler
- 2012-10-26 22:19:35 Froggy G/Builds/Chaser
- pocket full of solar by Arly803
Tips & Tactics
- Vinnie & Spike are noticeably faster while moving on air, rather than on land. Players are encouraged to keep flying instead of walking.
- Solar Krab Burgers will not give you more health if you pick up a golden Solar cube instead of a silver one.
- Spike Dive starts off pretty weak early game. Use it to farm Solar, poke enemies or as an escape tool. With some upgrades, it becomes more effective at killing enemies.
- If you are using Bag Full of Gold Fish, it might be a good idea to play more passively and focus on farming whenever you drop below the required Solar limit. Once you have enough Solar again, you can go back to ganks and pushes.
- Aiming downwards with Spike Dive while close to the ground is an effective way of landing both spike explosions from Dead Seahorse Head on the same target.
- Remember that if you use Spike Dive to attack your enemies, you won't have it available for an escape. Smoke Screen (and any upgrades it may have) can assist you in your escape. Rigged Casino Games can also help you compensate for this.
- Smoke Screen can be used defensively against droids: since blind incapacitates them, use it to prevent your turret from being attacked by them. This is also useful against Gnaw's weedlings.
- Solar Krab Burgers work with Loanshark, for a big heal after killing an enemy Awesomenaut.
- Combining Mammoth Sock With Holes, Withered President Mask and Space Air Max can turn Vinnie & Spike into very powerful escape artists.
- Using Sharky & Remora can help you stay at a safe distance from your enemy while attacking or to get kills that wouldn't be possible otherwise. This upgrade also allows Vinnie & Spike to outrange turrets, making them great at pushing as long as something else is tanking for them, specially when combined with Smoke Screen which stops droids from attacking, giving you time to kill them while destroying the turret.
- Although Bubble Gun deals fairly low damage early on, it pierces through enemies, making it a good droid farming tool.
- When using The Godfish upgrade, keep in mind that you will glow when you are near an enemy with 150 or more Solar even if he's inside a hide area or invisible. Use this as a "radar" and be prepared to attack or flee accordingly.
- If Vinnie is using his Mammoth Sock with Holes upgrade, coordenate with him to set up effective ganks.
- Take advantage of Vinnie's Smoke Screen to more easily destroy enemy droids and weedlings.
- Crowd Control enemies to help Vinnie land his Spike Dive on them.
- Try and force the enemy team to fight close to Smoke Screen, specially if Vinnie & Spike have purchased Red Bandana.
- Vinnie & Spike have poor acceleration when falling, making it easier to land abilities on them during that time.
- Mammoth Sock With Holes will apply not only to Vinnie & Spike, but to their teammates as well. Be wary of stealth ambushes.
- Unlike Froggy G, Vinnie & Spike are vulnerable to damage during Spike Dive. Attack them when they use it offensively.
- If you notice that Vinnie & Spike are surrounded by a white bubble after using Smoke Screen, don't try to crowd control them: they are protected by Clown's Mask.
- While it may look like Vinnie & Spike launch spikes at the end of their spike dive,it is actually an explosion and getting hit by it will do the full damage of the spike dive.