Professor Milton Yoolip
|Professor Milton Yoolip ||Difficulty: Intermediate |
Development Name: Ellipto
|Type of abilities: Amplify Damage, Healthpack, Lifesteal, Stun||Release Date: March 2nd 2016|
Yoolip has been a scientist for the greater part of his life on the transistor planet Calias. Creating wondrous inventions and contraptions like the dog aura reader, the nightmare-to-VHS recorder, the random number phone, the cereal-to-milk ratio calculator and an actual time machine. One day after combining the time machine into some comfy slippers, he teleported to the Mesozoic era and found himself surrounded by some scientist hungry velociraptors.
Barely escaping the predators he lost one of his slippers. Being stuck in time he spent years to craft a new slipper to travel forward in time to return to his beloved granddaughter, Ayla. He joined the Awesomenauts team to finally spend some quality time with her and eat some over-engineered pancakes.
Voice actor: Mark Dodson
▶️"I may be small, but I have a big brain... yes!"
▶️"How kind of you to come feed my pretties... Yeah."
▶️"Now, there's nothing quite like T-rex steak... heheh... once you get used to it."
▶️*Sniffs* "Ahh, the smell of my sandals after a brisk morning walk. That's you."
▶️"You are the rust on my valve, the suds in my oil tank!"
▶️"Tinkerer in trouble!"
▶️"Go, my pretties!"
▶️"Attack the tinkerer trolls!"
▶️"I'm an old man, but I bite!"
▶️"Now then, let's get'em!"
▶️"Hey! No one's allowed in the workshop!"
▶️"Hey! No one's allowed in the workshop!"
▶️"Oh, my! All of you! Get out of here! I can't! *mumbles* I can't! There's fragile equipment here!"
▶️"Dagnabbit, rodents getting bigger every millenium!"
▶️*Mumbles* "This is all... bunch of scrap."
▶️"No... Useless junk..."
▶️"There's a trinket for everything!"
▶️"Well now, last time I teleported I ended up a trillion years in the past... it was not good."
▶️"Last time I teleported I ended up a trillion years in the past... it was... lonely, heheh not any- no one around and it was not good at all, no... no."
▶️"Oh! Heheh, I forgot to bring something, heheh well, better get it."
▶️"I'm an old man, but I bite!"
Drop Pod In
▶️"Huh? Wha- What's that you say? Hahah yes, yes... Well, now. Now, then."
▶️"Time for the tinkerer!" *Mumbles*
▶️"Straight out of the mesozoic, an inventor named Milton Yoolip!"
▶️"I'm sure I had that multiwrench tucked on my belt or was that my cereal-to-milk-ratio calculator? Heheh... where is it, now?"
▶️"I'm sure I had my multiwrench on my belt or- or was that my cereal-to-milk-ratio calculator? Heheh... what have I done with it?"
▶️"I hope someone's taping this on my nightmare-to-VHS recorder. Patent pending, of course."
▶️"I hope to see my beloved granddaughter today! Ayla, are you there?"
▶️*Mumbles* "Could someone pass me my zipsteel spanner?"
"Who'd like a pancake? What do you mean 'there's bolts on them?' That's the good part!" ▶️
▶️*Mumbles* "I seem to have replaced my comfy sandals... Oh... Oh hoho! They're on my feet. Heheh, yes yes."
▶️"Now then... People call me an overengineer, but I say: what's a hat without at least a telescope and a stove on it? Heheh yes."
▶️"Ooh! Hahah, oh, more powerful than I thought! Heheh, yes!"
▶️"Oh my! So sorry! Better recalibrate, mmm yes."
▶️"You're a little rascal now aren't you?"
▶️"Never toy with tinkerer!"
▶️"Oh my! I turned you into a doodad!"
▶️"Back where I come from, uh, y-y-y-you would be called a doodad. Yes."
▶️"Well then, why did you get in the way?"
▶️"I invented this technology for fun, not destruction!"
▶️"Hmm, yes... Last time I put these many down, dinosaurs still walked the universe."
▶️"I'm used to pacifying lizards. Heheheh, you think a few mammals'd cause me trouble? Hoho... no..."
▶️"Whoop! That might get gangrenous!"
▶️"To the great tinkerer beyond!"
▶️"Right in the old ticker! Good thing it's 100% zipsteel!"
▶️"Argh. We'll have to replace that."
Using Wrench Smack
▶️"Yip, yip, yip!"
▶️"Yip, yip, yip, heheheh yes."
▶️"Here's what a concussion looks like!"
▶️"Smack dab in the middle!"
▶️"Well, whaddyaknow? Heheh, I... had it in my hand the whole time... heheh, yes."
▶️"If all fails, try hitting it!"
▶️"If all fails, try hitting it!"
Using Gripping Gaze
▶️"Ha! Caught you!"
▶️"Stunned by my genius, I see."
▶️"Was it the smell of my socks?"
▶️"I can adjust that spine, if you'd like."
▶️"Well, my third eye sees all."
Using Summon Robo Dino
▶️"Chew! Chew, my pretties!"
▶️"Off you go!"
▶️"Off you go!"
▶️"Time to earn your keep!"
▶️"I'm telling you! Science beats evolution!"
▶️"Blast from the past!"
▶️"How's this for chaos theory!"
8-Bit Yoolip Quotes
▶️"You're really grinding my graphics card here!"
▶️"The games you play nowadays, heheheh, they're all baby stuff!"
▶️"What is this here, I just don't- What, is my clock speed too fast for you?"
▶️"I'm being hunted like a limited edition!"
▶️"I'm so retro I'm going extinct!"
▶️"Hit the attack button!"
▶️"Now then. If all else fails, button smash!"
▶️"Stop wasting lives and play to win!"
▶️"There's nothing retro about attacking!"
▶️"What? I don't need upgrades! An arcade machine matures with age! Yes!"
▶️"Well... Maybe my firmware could use a pixel lift. Heheheh."
▶️"Huh? Is this still not out of beta?"
▶️"Oh my!" *Mumbles* "That was my last quarter!"
▶️"Huh? Still no scratch-n'-sniff technology?"
▶️"Now then, returning to main menu!"
▶️"Time for a reboot!"
▶️"Well now, lemme hold the power button down for a while!"
▶️"Time to go wireless!"
Drop Pod In
▶️"I'm... I'm... Filled with a retro vibe!"
▶️"Ack! A loading screen? Just when I thought everything was set for fun!"
▶️"Well, you know. I'm the ultimate gaming system... from the early 12K's!"
▶️"Why I- Don't throw your hardware out the window! Ahhhh!" *mumbles*
▶️"What, I can't- Someone help me get this tube off my head? Well I was dozing off and then I fell into my pile of gaming systems!"
▶️"I'm on a pixel-perfect power trip! Yes! It's wonderful! I guess- I can keep going! It just keeps going! I mean, it's perfect! Just perfect!"
▶️"You're not playing this on a pirated floppy disk, are you? No, no, no!"
▶️"Oh yes, that's it for co-op."
▶️"Onwards to the next level!"
▶️*Gibberish* "You got blood decals all over me!" *Gibberish*
▶️"Acceptable level of gore"
▶️"Jump here! Grab the Solar!"
▶️"I might be low-tech, but I'm highly lethal!"
▶️"What's the matter? Do they need to dial down the difficulty?"
▶️"Oh, did I just disconnect that controller?" *Snickers*
▶️"Did I just disconnect their controllers?" *Laughs, snickers*
▶️"Please insert another coin..."
▶️"Continue in five, four, three, two, one..."
▶️"Ooh! Good thing I picked up that extra life!"
▶️"Ooh... are you... sure you want to quit?"
Using Wrench Smack
▶️"I'll show you old school!"
▶️"Let me plug you in!"
▶️"Poke you in the eye! Heheh!"
▶️"They don't call it a 'joystick' for nothing!"
▶️"Good shot! Heheheh yes."
▶️"Ah, my aim is pixel perfect."
▶️"This pain isn't virtual, oh no!"
Using Gripping Gaze
▶️"Tangled up, eh? Heheheh."
▶️"Did you just call me 'three eyes'?"
▶️"Be dazzled by my shiny pixels!"
Using Summon Robo Dino
▶️"Cut them down a few pixels!"
▶️"Any sprite that moves is yours!"
▶️"Go, my pixely pets!"
▶️"Time to go wireless!"
Nauts In-Game Look
Professor Milton Yoolip has made many inventions, but his best work is quite possible a fully-sentient robot that mimics his every move. Whenever duty calls but Yoolip would rather spend his time tinkering on new gadgets or go to the park with his granddaughter, he sends Clockwork Yoolip to take his stead. Few people even notice the difference, given the Professors eccentric personality and the many tools he usually carries around.
This DLC contains a custom skin for Professor M. Yoolip in Awesomenauts! - Official Steam Store description.
This skin gives Yoolip a more detailed hat with moving pistons and gears. While the hat is colored the same way for red team, in blue team his hat is colored violet instead of teal. His wrench is replaced with a tesla rod and his beard is done in two braids. Yoolip also wears red/green goggles with a green cover over his third eye. Standing still and walking will play new mechanical sound effects.
Robo Dinos have a more bronze colour and some gold details. They also have wind-up keys on their backs. The hit graphic for Gripping Gaze is surrounded by gear teeth.
This skin requires the Awesomenauts base game AND the Awesomenauts: Overdrive expansion.
Professor Yoolip’s most dangerous invention is probably the 8-Bit Game Cartridge-to-Reality generator, which is capable of reading any game cartridge from that ‘80s and turn the world contained within to reality. When he first tried this invention, it unleashed dragons, demons, and countless other monsters into the world… and a lot of heroes that wouldn’t do anything unless told specifically where to go.
Among these armored knights, boys in tights, and foreign princes, Yoolip found what appeared to be an 8-Bit version of himself… just sitting there, waiting for someone to take control of his destiny.
Realising he had just become the hero to a dozen different games at the same time, Yoolip took matters into his own hands and modified his invention to allow him to take control of his 8-Bit counterpart. Now he and his Robo Dinos are ready for some old school action!
This DLC contains a custom skin for Professor M. Yoolip in Awesomenauts. The 8-Bit Yoolip skin comes with a unique character theme, killing spree theme, a unique voiceover, and special in-game audio effects for his abilities. - Official Steam Store description.
This ultimate skin gives Yoolip a complete overhaul: his helmet has a slightly flatter surface, his third eye is missing, the antennae are replaced by an arcade machine joystick and buttons and there's an unplugged power cord attached to it.
His face is replaced by a visor with a pixelated face that looks happy on red team and evil on blue team. It also changes according to his movements and attacks: arrows point up and down as he jumps up and falls down respectively and he has different facial expressions for his attacks and abilities. He has a mechanical body with robotic limbs, including claw-like hands. His wrench is replaced by a beam of light with an Atari 2600-inspired joystick.
This skin also overhauls every visual effect available to him: there are three hearts under his health bar that mimic his current health, going down as it is depleted (based on percentage). Upon death, 8-bit Yoolip explodes in a cloud of pixelated gems and leaves behind a pixelated "INSERT COIN" message. The visual trails for when he walks and jumps are pixelated, Wrench smack leaves behind pixelated trails and generate pixelated green hearts when healing friendly droids, gripping gaze is not only pixelated, but also spawns a "ring" of Space Invaders-like creatures around the victim and the robo-dinos are pixelated, and redrawn in retro-style. Even the healthpacks created by him are pixelated.
Finally, he has a unique teleporting animation (displayed on his tv screen visor) depending on which team he's in: an hourglass on red team and a depleting battery on blue team.
Being an ultimate skin, there are also additional changes regarding voice acting, sound effects and music: Yoolip's sound effects are all inspired by 80s videogames, his voice acting is not only unique, but also sounds like it's coming from a gameboy soundbox and he has unique theme and killing spree themes.
In addition to all that, as a previously secret easter egg, any player present in a match that has an 8-bit Yoolip in it, is able to type in "/pixels" in the game chat to enable/disable Ultrapixels mode reminiscent of Ronimo's April Fools' joke in 2016 regardless of if they own the skin or not. This causes the message "Ultra Pixels: it's the future!" To appear in the chatbox and the game to become pixelated via a filter. Typing the message in chat a second time displays the message "Ultrapixels are so 1983!" and disables the filter. This is likely a reference to the videogame crash of 1983.
Showcase starts at 0:28 in the video, ends at 0:40.
8-Bit Yoolip Showcase
- Yoolip is the first 'Naut to have blood relations with another 'Naut (along with Jimmy and Amy, who are related to each other, being siblings): his granddaughter Ayla.
- Yoolip's skills are a composite of two old 'Naut concepts, as seen in the gallery below.
- Clockwork Yoolip was given away for free as a pre-order bonus for Overdrive.
- Yoolip launched simultaneously alongside Jimmy And The Lux5000 and Chucho Krokk as part of Patch 3.0.
- Many of the particles created by 8-Bit Yoolip are characters from Roflnauts, a mini-game/easter egg within Awesomenauts.
- 8-Bit Yoolip was teased during the 2016 April Fools' joke. His theme song was used as the menu music, his killing spree played at the start of each match, and a pixelated screenshot of him could be seen on the patch's banner.
- The "/pixels" easter egg that makes the game pixelated using a graphical filter can be used by any player in the match if a 8-bit Yoolip is present regardless if they own the skin themselves or not. This makes 8-Bit Yoolip the first skin with content that directly affects other players.
Extension:DynamicPageList (DPL), version 3.3.3: Warning: Skipping bad option 'Professor Yoolip' for parameter 'category'.
- 2013-11-05 17:37:56 Leon Chameleon/Builds/Zombie Leon
- 2013-09-24 16:02:30 Yuri
- 2013-09-16 19:59:10 Coco Tactics
- 2013-09-13 04:00:23 Froggy G/Builds/Rappin' and slappin'
- 2013-07-28 20:03:50 Sheriff Lonestar/Builds/Wrangler
- 2013-07-23 16:18:30 Vinnie & Spike/Builds/pocket full of solar
- 2013-07-03 16:39:32 Vinnie & Spike/Builds/Spike Dive Assassin
- 2013-07-01 13:26:26 Skølldir/Builds/Superpowered Punches
- 2013-06-30 20:10:47 Gnaw/Builds/(updated) Super Killing Gnaw
- 2013-06-30 01:32:31 Sheriff Lonestar/Builds/Hard to kill lonestar
- 2013-06-30 01:30:22 Sheriff Lonestar/Builds/Name of Guide
- 2013-06-22 18:10:33 Raelynn/Builds/Tricks and Tips~
- 2013-06-21 08:51:47 Ayla/Builds/Hit'n'run
- 2013-06-19 18:54:38 Ayla/Builds/Rage Bomb Ayla
- 2013-06-16 23:51:53 Yuri/Builds/All Mine
- 2013-06-11 02:52:29 Sheriff Lonestar/Builds/Destroyer
- 2013-06-10 16:35:27 Skølldir/Builds/Tankdir - Health through Punching!
- 2013-06-10 12:05:29 Leon Chameleon/Builds/Beginners guide to Leon
- 2013-06-10 06:24:47 Voltar the Omniscient/Builds/Pocket Voltar - A Medic's Guide to the Universe
- 2013-06-10 06:24:07 Voltar the Omniscient/Builds/Offensive Build
- 2013-06-10 06:23:28 Voltar the Omniscient/Builds/Exponential Growth Voltar
- 2013-06-10 06:22:50 Vinnie & Spike/Builds/Pepinos
- 2013-06-10 06:22:32 Vinnie & Spike/Builds/Dive, Dash, Death
- 2013-06-10 06:22:22 Vinnie & Spike/Builds/Stealth and kill.
- 2013-06-10 06:21:30 Skølldir/Builds/Gnome Loses Home in Tragic Earthquake
- 2013-06-10 06:20:17 Sheriff Lonestar/Builds/Beginner Build
- 2013-06-10 06:19:14 Raelynn/Builds/Time Rift Focused
- 2013-06-10 06:18:19 Raelynn/Builds/Blaster-Pusher
- 2013-06-10 06:17:38 Raelynn/Builds/LHC Raelynn, Burst and Domination.
- 2013-06-10 06:17:02 Raelynn/Builds/Mileanhour's guide
- 2013-06-10 06:16:22 Raelynn/Builds/Chargin' Raelynn - Don't Run, You'll Die Tired!
- 2013-06-10 06:15:51 Raelynn/Builds/Raelynn Sniper Extraordinaire
- 2013-06-10 06:15:38 Raelynn/Builds/This is my Rifle
- 2013-06-10 06:13:41 Leon Chameleon/Builds/Relentless Chrono Assault
- 2013-06-10 06:13:27 Leon Chameleon/Builds/Sword Time Warp
- 2013-06-10 06:13:08 Leon Chameleon/Builds/Never Ending Attack
- 2013-06-10 06:12:45 Leon Chameleon/Builds/No Escape
- 2013-06-10 06:12:26 Leon Chameleon/Builds/Feel The Sharpness of This Blade!
- 2013-06-10 06:10:44 Gnaw/Builds/Aggressive Gnaw
- 2013-06-10 06:10:34 Gnaw/Builds/Upclose and personal gnaw
- 2013-06-10 06:10:22 Gnaw/Builds/Destroy Melee Gnaw
- 2013-06-10 06:10:13 Gnaw/Builds/Super Killing Gnaw
- 2013-06-10 06:09:31 Genji the Pollen Prophet/Builds/Genji the Pollen Prophet/Builds/Storm Support
- 2013-06-10 06:07:55 Froggy G/Builds/Shotgun Splasher
- 2013-06-10 06:07:23 Froggy G/Builds/Invincible
- 2013-06-10 06:06:38 Derpl Zork/Builds/Sniper-Cat
- 2013-06-10 06:06:07 Derpl Zork/Builds/Siege Crazy
- 2013-06-10 06:05:26 Derpl Zork/Builds/Fast killing with Turret
- 2013-06-10 05:54:00 Clunk/Builds/Explode 'N' Snare
- 2013-06-10 05:50:49 Coco Nebulon/Builds/Aggressive Coco
- 2013-06-09 01:04:36 Vinnie & Spike/Builds/Name of Guide
- 2013-06-09 01:03:23 Vinnie & Spike/Builds/The Vinnie & Spike guide to robbin' banks properly, see?
- 2013-06-07 16:13:17 Vinnie & Spike/Builds/Lost In the Mist/Ambush
- 2013-06-03 20:18:06 Yuri/Builds
- 2013-05-25 07:06:57 Clunk/Builds/Tank
- 2013-05-16 15:13:24 Sheriff Lonestar/Builds/Puddingskin's Lonestar Build; Dynamite Based
- 2013-05-13 16:45:13 Coco Nebulon/Builds/Puddingskin's Coco Build; TUBE-YOU-LAR!
- 2013-05-10 19:08:41 Clunk/Builds/Flexible Clunk
- 2013-05-10 14:47:37 Raelynn/Builds/Puddingskins Ultimate Raelynn Build
- 2013-05-02 19:23:06 Vinnie & Spike/Builds/Nyah! 2.1
- 2013-05-02 19:10:41 Vinnie & Spike/Builds/Delicious Solar
- 2013-04-30 06:15:22 Leon Chameleon/Builds/Leon Chameleon/Builds/Puppet Master
- 2013-04-12 22:33:56 Vinnie & Spike/Builds/Double Dash Takedown
- 2013-04-03 18:53:45 Leon Chameleon/Builds/Neverending killing spree
- 2013-03-21 14:56:25 Clunk/Builds/Explode Spam Clunk
- 2013-03-18 02:15:12 Genji the Pollen Prophet/Builds/Genji the Pollen Prophet/You'll Never Escape
- 2013-03-15 16:23:19 Genji the Pollen Prophet/Builds/You'll Never Escape
- 2013-03-15 16:22:16 Genji the Pollen Prophet/Builds/Name of Guide
- 2013-03-05 20:53:24 Genji the Pollen Prophet/Builds/Genji the Pollen Executioner
- 2013-03-05 00:09:57 Genji the Pollen Prophet/Builds/Come At Me Bro!/ No Escape
- 2013-02-12 21:15:03 Clunk/Builds/The Sapper
- 2013-02-02 21:12:17 Raelynn/Builds/Noobnauts- Raelynn
- 2013-01-13 19:05:24 Raelynn/Builds/360 SlowScope
- 2013-01-10 10:37:56 Skølldir/Builds/They Can't Run If You Stun
- 2013-01-08 21:48:41 Coco Nebulon/Builds/Coco's Turret Downer Build
- 2012-12-26 17:22:58 Skølldir/Builds/MvPlayer w/ Mutton
- 2012-12-24 23:46:46 Skølldir/Builds/Name of Gvinnie spikeuide
- 2012-12-22 14:04:26 Skølldir/Builds/It's an all-you-can-FIST buffet!
- 2012-12-01 19:55:27 Raelynn/Builds/Raelynn Time Rift CC Build
- 2012-11-28 05:21:01 Raelynn/Builds/Turret Pushing Build
- 2012-11-28 04:34:40 Raelynn/Builds/Monkey's Paw Aggression
- 2012-11-27 20:54:14 Raelynn/Builds/One shot, One Kill
- 2012-11-27 19:51:04 Raelynn/Builds/Damage whopper
- 2012-11-27 00:06:23 Raelynn/Builds/Harasser Raelynn
- 2012-11-26 01:12:29 Raelynn/Builds/Brawler Raelynn
- 2012-11-25 23:16:14 Raelynn/Builds/Siege Mode
- 2012-11-25 17:26:31 Raelynn/Builds/Who wants a cuddle?
- 2012-11-25 13:39:58 Raelynn/Builds/Time Rift + Blaster Build
- 2012-11-25 04:20:24 Raelynn/Builds/Offensive Support
- 2012-11-21 21:20:36 Voltar the Omniscient/Builds/Supportive Build
- 2012-11-21 07:47:04 Raelynn/Builds/Speed Farming
- 2012-11-21 03:49:43 Voltar the Omniscient/Builds/Moneybags build
- 2012-11-20 21:38:19 Coco Nebulon/Builds/Vampiric Coco
- 2012-10-26 23:25:40 Gnaw/Builds/General Gnaw
- 2012-10-26 23:07:33 Yuri/Builds/Team-Based Support
- 2012-10-26 23:06:30 Yuri/Builds/Laser Focused
- 2012-10-26 23:05:51 Yuri/Builds/Minespam Yuri
- 2012-10-26 22:27:14 Sheriff Lonestar/Builds/Endgame Build
- 2012-10-26 22:23:04 Leon Chameleon/Builds/Assassin Sword Spank
- 2012-10-26 22:20:36 Froggy G/Builds/Angler
- 2012-10-26 22:19:35 Froggy G/Builds/Chaser
Tips & Tactics
- Gripping Gaze will stun you as well as your target. Be very careful of when and where you use it.
- Carefully consider what your enemies can do and use Gripping Gaze on the biggest threat to your and your teammates.
- It's possible to move around and jump when summoning your Robo Dinos.
- Don't use Wrench Smack just to attack enemies, you can heal your team's own droids and other summonables as well.
- Quark Microscope benefits from any healthpack. Whether if it comes from Creeps, other upgrades such as Dino Poop and Laboratory Centrifuge or are found around the map.
- If you wanna focus on survivability by regaining lost health, Yoolip has a few tools available at his disposal, such as Dino Poop, Laboratory Centrifuge and Syrup Pouring Robot.
- Both Summon Robo Dinos and Wrench Smack have several upgrades that can turn Yoolip into a reliable pusher.
- Both Yoolip and his target will be very vulnerable during Gripping Gaze. You can be of assistance by protecting him from his other enemies or by trying to finish off his target.
- Generally, staying around Yoolip is a good idea, as he provides a lot of offensive and defensive bonuses for those around him. Definitely Not Butter, Dino Poop and Lab Rats are good examples of this.
- Save your hard-to-aim burst for when Yoolip uses Gripping Gaze. It essentially guarantees the damage.
- Avoid walking alone at all costs and be specially careful of overextending or chasing Yoolip. His Gripping Gaze can lock you down near his friends or a turret and quickly turn the tables on you.
- Yoolip can be dangerous even while low on health, depending on his upgrades, as several of them are aimed at regaining health.
- The best time to attack Yoolip is perhaps when he uses Gripping Gaze on one of your teammates, as he himself is stunned by it as well, becoming vulnerable.
- Yoolip's dinos can be dangerous, but are slow-moving. Get out of their way or jump above them, but be wary, as he might be using Holo Pet Food to counter this.
- If you are a close combat character, consider waiting for Gripping Gaze to target someone else or even better, miss the target so you can approach Yoolip much more safely.
- If you have Knockback available, consider saving it for Yoolip when he uses Gripping Gaze. If Yoolip is sent too far away from his target the Gaze will end early, so you might save your allies.